New Hampton Community School 4

Posted May 16, 2013
My grandson and grand-daughter attend NHCS and I am very pleased with the team at this school. As an Early Childhood Educator for the past 25 years, I am happy to say that the teachers really care about the overall success of each child. Educators in our country are not recognized for all the efforts they make and for the many hats they wear each day. Their after-school program has been extremely helpful for my grandchildren and they enjoy the opportunity to have some assistance with homework each day. I live in Orlando, Florida and I stay connected via telephone and through the web site. The team allowed for me to participate, via conference call, for the most recent update of my grandson's IEP. They did not have to do this but they understood the connection I have with my grandson and the need to keep me abreast of his academic and emotional development while in their care. Thank you NHCS Team for being the wonderful group of educators you are. I appreciate all you do for both my grandchildren. To the person that said the teacher is an educator, vice principal, and janitor; you must understand that educators are naturally that and more to our children every single day!

New Hampton Community School 2

Posted April 12, 2013
We have had mixed feelings about this school. Big discrepancies in education depending on what teacher you have. Some are amazingly talented and gifted other teachers should move on or retire (Union makes it almost impossible to fire bad teachers). My child has brought home piles and piles of worksheets. Have seen very few creative projects this year. My child has never not liked school until this year. Principle is only half time at NHCS and half time at another school which I think is big problem. Board does not seem to think outside of the box when discussing improvements. Art and music are half year programs. We have decided to look elsewhere for our child's education.

Posted September 21, 2012
As the parent of a child that is in his second year at NHCS I can only assume that the negative review was written about a different school and placed here in error. The teaching staff, both classroom and SPED, are caring and responsive to the needs of the children and the concerns of the parent. The support staff are friendly and you get the sense they like working at NHCS. The principal will intervene in a positive manner for the child regardless of staff history with the district, and is not afraid to deviate from the 'norm' if it is truly in the best interest of the child. I'm pleased my son attends NHCS.

Posted September 16, 2012
NHCS is an amazing, one of a kind school! The teachers all care very deeply about each and every child that sets foot into the halls of the school. The dedication to provide a safe, sound and quality educational base for learning is evident from the moment you walk through the door. There is a unity amongst the children and staff alike. NHCS has excellent leadership, and dedication from it's principal. I am deeply saddened to read a negative (and poorly written) review of such a wonderful place- clearly this was written by a very misguided, jaded and sad person who did not attend a quality educational facility such as NHCS. 1)The Special Education Dept. is fantastic. They would bend over backwards to assist and implement any accommodation that is necessary to help a child succeed. 2) Staff are dedicated to their grade and are up to date on all curriculum of best practice. NHCS cares! This place is truly special!

Posted September 16, 2012
Parents- This place is a gift! Anybody who reads this fool's review below needs to have their heads checked. The New Hampton Community School is great for our children. Dedicated staff, good class sizes and a community feel. What more could you ask for? LOVE this place!

New Hampton Community School 1

Posted July 11, 2012
This elementary school is based solely on a "small town" atmosphere, and if you are not an integral part of that...you AND your child will suffer. Absolutely NO experience with special education. Staff members "float" from position to position. One minute you are an educator...the next, the vice principal, the next....the janitor. Unable to teach. Far, far behind curriculum that is elsewhere. Pass on NHCS. For your children's sake....find elsewhere.

Posted October 11, 2010
The school hires quality teachers and gives 1st year teachers a chance. They are supportive to their staff and inturn, the staff is student centered. Their priority is to educate the whole child and consider individual differences

New Hampton Community School
191 Main St, New Hampton, NH  03256
Last modified New Hampton Community School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Hampton Community School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top