Posted October 09, 2014
This is one of the most incompetent schools anywhere. If your child is complacent or "normal" they will excel here, but anything slightly "abnormal" and they will be shunned, ignored & forgotten. The teachers are always right & make NO effort to reach out to parents or kids who are struggling. My daughter was an honor roll student in 5th grade (despite 2-3 hours of nightly homework), in 6th grade she steadily declined and now has a 1.0 GPA in the 1st quarter of 7th grade. I have literally BEGGED the teachers, principal & guidance for help. They called a meeting last year where a plan was created to help her with organization, accountability & provide positive reinforcement. NONE of the teachers followed through. I asked why & received a very sharp email which ended with "There is nothing we can do for [Child's Name]. She has to take responsibility for her own education." She was ELEVEN. She was also being bullied & teased. I brought it to the school's attention in writing & they didn't respond AT ALL. The bullying hasn't stopped. I wouldn't hesitate to pull her out of this school but we have no options other than private school, which we can't afford.

Boynton Middle School 2

Posted September 04, 2013
There is both good and bad with this school. A strong bad is that they give WAAAAAY too much homework to 5th graders. Another VERY bad is that they have NO RECESS. Kids NEED that break and exercise is proven to help with focus and brain activity. Good is that they do more than other schools I know for those kids struggling with ADHD, like mine do. Good that they seem to have pretty decent lunches. Good that they encourage parent communication and have always answered my messages and in a timely manner. Bad because they are not tough enough on bullies, but they did just increase their disciplinary action towards that just this year. I still feel that it should be even stricter, but hopefully, that will come. Overall, my two boys have both hated this school, minus a few nice teachers.

Boynton Middle School 5

Posted May 26, 2011
There is a reason why this school wins so many awards. The teachers are great. They work hard for the kids. When there is a problem, they listen to me.

Boynton Middle School 4

Posted May 25, 2011
I LOVE this school! They hold my child accountable for her actions and provide great positive reinforcement when the child does things right. The teachers and staff have been very accommodating with meetings and feedback.

Posted November 22, 2010
Just wait intil they get in the 7th grade. Its horrible I had to hire a tutor and the teachers were so rude to her and would not let her know wht needed to be done to help out my child. Then he had a special ed teacher who would not let me know wht was going on with son even with several calls and emails. This school needs to be investigated by the state things are so wrong there. Horrible school

Posted March 05, 2010
Parents are not listened to.The teacher is always right especially when they make a mistake.

Boynton Middle School 5

Posted March 03, 2010
The teachers at my school are amazing and they deserve the upmost respect.

Posted August 19, 2008

Posted August 19, 2008

Boynton Middle School 0

Posted July 14, 2008
Above is an interesting post. My child has had a great experience in this school. What many people don't know is that if a school recommends a child to be retained, the parent can override that recommendation by signing a waiver to push the child on. What good does it do a teacher to push a child through? My experience with the teachers has all been positive, they seem to me to be well prepared and experienced. There is a new principal since the above post and I think he has made a change for the better.

Boynton Middle School
500 Turnpike Rd, New Ipswich, NH  03071
Last modified Boynton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Boynton Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top