Bad
Good

We transferred my 6th grader here from a prominent school district. It was eye opening. Boynton has a caring community of teachers and in particular guidance, who really listened in placing my son where he had the best chance of success. While the other teachers in our last school system all had professionalism and masters degrees, these teachers have heart and kindness for these kids. He used to have 3-4 hours of homework 5 nights per week, now he has 1-2 hours only 3-4 nights per week. He is happy that the teachers and students are welcoming and friendly. I gave it 5 stars because they deserve it at Boynton middle school.

This is one of the most incompetent schools anywhere. If your child is complacent or "normal" they will excel here, but anything slightly "abnormal" and they will be shunned, ignored & forgotten. The teachers are always right & make NO effort to reach out to parents or kids who are struggling. My daughter was an honor roll student in 5th grade (despite 2-3 hours of nightly homework), in 6th grade she steadily declined and now has a 1.0 GPA in the 1st quarter of 7th grade. I have literally BEGGED the teachers, principal & guidance for help. They called a meeting last year where a plan was created to help her with organization, accountability & provide positive reinforcement. NONE of the teachers followed through. I asked why & received a very sharp email which ended with "There is nothing we can do for [Child's Name]. She has to take responsibility for her own education." She was ELEVEN. She was also being bullied & teased. I brought it to the school's attention in writing & they didn't respond AT ALL. The bullying hasn't stopped. I wouldn't hesitate to pull her out of this school but we have no options other than private school, which we can't afford.

There is both good and bad with this school. A strong bad is that they give WAAAAAY too much homework to 5th graders. Another VERY bad is that they have NO RECESS. Kids NEED that break and exercise is proven to help with focus and brain activity. Good is that they do more than other schools I know for those kids struggling with ADHD, like mine do. Good that they seem to have pretty decent lunches. Good that they encourage parent communication and have always answered my messages and in a timely manner. Bad because they are not tough enough on bullies, but they did just increase their disciplinary action towards that just this year. I still feel that it should be even stricter, but hopefully, that will come. Overall, my two boys have both hated this school, minus a few nice teachers.

There is a reason why this school wins so many awards. The teachers are great. They work hard for the kids. When there is a problem, they listen to me.

I LOVE this school! They hold my child accountable for her actions and provide great positive reinforcement when the child does things right. The teachers and staff have been very accommodating with meetings and feedback.

Just wait intil they get in the 7th grade. Its horrible I had to hire a tutor and the teachers were so rude to her and would not let her know wht needed to be done to help out my child. Then he had a special ed teacher who would not let me know wht was going on with son even with several calls and emails. This school needs to be investigated by the state things are so wrong there. Horrible school

Parents are not listened to.The teacher is always right especially when they make a mistake.

The teachers at my school are amazing and they deserve the upmost respect.

Above is an interesting post. My child has had a great experience in this school. What many people don't know is that if a school recommends a child to be retained, the parent can override that recommendation by signing a waiver to push the child on. What good does it do a teacher to push a child through? My experience with the teachers has all been positive, they seem to me to be well prepared and experienced. There is a new principal since the above post and I think he has made a change for the better.

Last modified Boynton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.