Posted April 03, 2014
I went to this school last year, and I have to say, the school system is very well and every child is driven to their own personal level. I was well prepared for the middle school and everything they teach us in NPS helps us for future subjects we go over in middle school. There is nothing I would change about this school. And the current principle is doing an amazing job, and had a great transition from a school that has almost 500 kids to a school that only has 36 kids.

Posted April 18, 2013
I have one daughter in 1st grade here and her younger sister will be attending in another year. The school is amazing with small class sizes and excellent faculty.

Posted February 13, 2009
Every child receives a personalized education at this small, family oriented school.

Posted November 29, 2007
My daughter started Newington Public School this month (11/07) and she was made to feel very welcome and immediatly a member of the school community! She has come home eager to do her homework, and is excited every morning to go to school. I can not say enough about the school, and it's staff, especially mrs. Rist, the principal!

Posted June 06, 2006
This is an amazing small town school with great character. I am awed by what a close knit community it is. The faculty and staff treat each child individually and everyone there feels special. It is so nice to know that my child goes to a school where people care. The children are challenged and encouraged to do their best and feel comfortable with the learning process. What warm, fun place to go to school!

Newington Public School 4

Posted May 23, 2006
Not sure what happened to the daughter who was unprepared for first grade. I have a daughter who is now attending kindergarten and she is the youngest in her class and is reading and adding already. The K teacher is wonderful! Great small school! 2 of the 4 teachers were given teacher of the year award from Walmart.

Newington Public School 2

Posted February 12, 2005
My daughter attended this school in kindergarten, and then switched to a private school. She was unprepared for 1dt grade, and had to repeat kindergarten.

Posted July 11, 2003
- a former student
I attended this school from grades K-4. It is an excellent school. I am now 25 with a Doctor of Pharmacy degree having a great educational foundation built at Newington Elementary School.

Newington Public School