Newmarket, NH
Before care: Yes

Posted October 01, 2013
The school has exceeded my expectation in every way. The teachers are wonderful, always available, personal, caring and provide a wonderful balance between academic achievement and social skills. I have a special needs child and one the excels, both have been nurtured and are thriving. Thank you Newmarket Elementary!

Newmarket Elementary School 1

Posted June 08, 2013
I've lived here for 2 years and I feel completely like I'm being pushed out of this town. I have 2 special needs kids, who have been bullied and the school did nothing. I have been bullied by the staff. one staff member even told me I shouldn't of had my last child. They lie, threaten (was told by another staff member he wanted to tell me how he really felt but couldn't because there were witnesses) they play favorites. I'm told how horrible I am because my son needed new shoes. (was going to buy them on my day off that weekend but my neighbor got a gift card to go buy her child new shoes, complete double standards there! Wish I could pull them out and homeschool.

Posted April 03, 2013
I don't care so much about test scores. It's a number that don't reflect every thing that goes on at a school in a day to day basis. Right now I have 3 kids in school and I highly recommend it. All the teachers I have met have been very caring and interested in the kids as persons. The new principal is energetic and involved. You always see him everywhere in school. We get weekly emails about what's going on, events and such. The PTA is very active and involved. Lots of extra activities for the kids: Lego club, drama club, jump rope, choir, book club, art club just off the top of my mind. Everybody (school staff and parents alike) is very open and welcoming. The school gets Blue Ribbon awards every year for the number of volunteers it has.

Posted June 23, 2012
This is a great school. Our son came from another school were he didn't felt good and fought each day before going. Here he feels included and loved. It amazed me than in a school of 500 kids, whenever we went to the schools people would greet him by name when he had only been at the school for 5 months or so. The teachers go out of their way to engage the kids and take a personal interest in them. My son is very shy (it's also very sensitive and a little OCD) but he has opened up a lot. Academically he has learned and had fun doing it. Now I don't have to fight with him every morning about going to school.

Newmarket Elementary School 2

Posted April 16, 2010
I think this school system is well overdue for a change. My husband and his sibling have been through the system, and graduated many years ago, and now our children have started going there, and unfortunately things are just the same as they were back when they went to the school there. The teachers and staff seem to be very sincere and are great with the children, but the school is way too small, and overpopulated. Whenever there is a school function, I dread going simply because its so crowded, and people end up sitting on floors etc because there is no room. They combine the middle school with the highschool, which I feel is totally inappropriate. When we get the reviews from the school about how the students rank statewide as far as testing, reading skills etc, I cringe because their averages are so low....

Newmarket Elementary School 0

Posted September 13, 2008
I think the teachers are very good and care a lot. The facility is a problem and needs to be adressed soon.

Posted July 30, 2008
I have two children in this school system. The elementary school is outstanding if based on the teachers alone. They are the most dedicated group of professionals I have ever had the pleasure to work with through the very active volunteer program. However, the administration is stagnant and unwilling to give the needed support to teachers when called upon. I echo the previous parents' sentiments about being an active parent...demand the best for your children. These teachers are amazing and willing to go to the ends of the earth to advocate for their students. They are willing to stand up for what they believe in even if it requires them to challenge the administration. They are second to none as far as we are concerned.

Newmarket Elementary School 2

Posted June 10, 2008

Newmarket Elementary School 3

Posted April 12, 2008

Posted November 10, 2007
Newmarket has been a really great school. We are a military family and so my son has only been in this school for a short period, but Mrs. Sullivan and his jumpstart program teacher Mrs. Donovan have done wonders with my son. He comes home everyday and shows me how they have taught him his letter sounds and how to remember them and has really improved on his writing skills. Jumpstart has really helped to try to catch him up. Being a military family we move a lot and my son does have to miss here and there and adjust to new schools, but they have done a great job not only with his learning, but my son really does love his teachers and talks about them all the time. I am just hoping his new school in virginia beach next year will be this great.

Newmarket Elementary School
243 South Main St, Newmarket, NH  03857
Last modified Newmarket Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newmarket Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top