Newport, NH

Newport Middle High School (High) 4

Posted November 15, 2011
This school is rapidly improving. We now have a better, more cooperative school board and the community is getting more and more involved. There are a few complaints about the new principal, however, the complaints I have heard are that he is making a few adjustments to the rules and acctually FOLLOWING them, too. In my opinion, he is perfect for the job. The school is trying to the best of thier ability to make everyone, including the students and parents, as comfortable and well educated as possible. I can not wait to see the improvement continue through out the school year and years to come.

Newport Middle High School (High) 1

Posted August 20, 2011
The problem with Newport Middle High School is that there poor communications. Getting someone to answer a call has taken up to 3 days.. Parents have continuously tried to communicate with the school and they turn a deaf ear. One bathroom was shut for an entire year, even after complaints were made. Parents try to improve the school but the reception they receive turns them off to trying. The School is a School in Need of Improvement and the School District is a school in need of improvement, so designated by the NH State Board of Education..

Newport Middle High School (High) 0

Posted September 17, 2009
I love this School and Community. Moving to Newport when I got married and becoming part of the Community was the best thing I could have done. I have a son who graduated in the top 10 of his class and received a scholarship for Leadership to attend a great engineering school. Graduated with his Bachelors and Masters from there. Also participated in the exchange program through NMHS and visited Italy. My daughter is now 13 and receiving a great education also. Extra-curricular sports is great also!!

Newport Middle High School (High) 2

Posted March 04, 2008

Newport Middle High School (High) 3

Posted April 04, 2005
I have gone to Newport for the past two years. Sometimes the school gets a tough wrap for some of the things that students do here, but the school board and the administrators try as hard as they can to make it a safer place where more learning can be done. Somtimes I feel like the teachers here do not make high standards for us, not to say that they dont care or that we dont learn, but sometimes it feels as though we should be doing more. We have a Band, Jazz Band, Model United Nations Program, Youth and Gov. Program, we have a large Drama Program, Football Baseball and many other sports, we have the chance to take a trip once a year for two or three weeks to Spain, France, or Italy (alternating every three years). The community of Newport is a good place to attend school.

Newport Middle High School (High)
245 North Main St, Newport, NH  03773
Last modified Newport Middle High School (High) is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newport Middle High School (High) Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top