Pelham, NH

Pelham High School 4

Posted September 29, 2014
I think a lot of schools are what you make of them. Pelham High School s infrastructure has not been good over the years because it was built as an open concept school in the 70 s. The Town has improved some of the inefficiencies over the last couple of years and the voters approved a 22 million dollar addition/refurb, which has already broken ground. With that said, in such an awful building the Valedictorian in 2013 got a full scholarship to Dartmouth an Ivy League School. Pelham High offers AP, Honors, and Running Start Classes, (college classes at a fraction of the cost). In addition they partner with Pinkerton, Alverine and Salem High for programs that are not offered at Pelham High. With the new addition there will be more offerings. Many teachers go out of their way to help the students. Are there teachers that shouldn t be there, absolutely, but I m sure every school has the same issues. This is a D3 school so even though there are lots of sports offered the coaching needs improvement. The high school is retaining more students/athletes because of the new addition.The graduates of Pelham High continue to be accepted at some of the best colleges out there.

Posted June 03, 2014
This school is very average. The student body is very strong and show a lot of school spirit even though the building is in less than desirable condition. Some teachers are great others simply teach the materials and that's it. We could use a new principal, but I don't see that happening. There's a lot of new technology being integrated into class and new classes are being added. As of right now this school is headed in a great direction.

Pelham High School 2

Posted May 10, 2014
this school is underfunded as of now but is ongoing renovations that will hopefully improve the quality of the learning environment

Pelham High School 1

Posted January 21, 2012
I am a parent of a child in the School. I must say I have many concerns, the structure of the building and the poor class selection being the least. My BIGGEST concern is the Staff. My experience with the VP and Principal have been NEGATIVE. They change their stories, argue with you in order to make the child look like the wrong party. Offering nothing more than a false hope when they say "we work in the best interest of your child". What's most concerning to me as a parent is that the school took it upon themselves to report me to the local authorities making me look like the "disorderly parent" of which could not be farther than the truth. I was a parent concerned my my child's well being. In the end, I am the parent and I know what is in the best interest for my child. I will post here for I do have a right to state my opinion.

Posted April 07, 2011
The teachers and staff were wonderful. But the class selection was miserable. I had to transfer to a private school, because I wanted to go to a decent college. The mean SAT scores are on the level of most urban schools.

Posted April 06, 2009
I am currently a sophomore at this school. I agree with everyone on the building's condition. Most of us are getting by with what little we have in the building. The teachers here are great and its other faculty members are welcoming. You can always find someone to help you around (if you get lost in a square you need some help).

Pelham High School
85 Marsh Rd, Pelham, NH  03076
Last modified Pelham High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pelham High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top