St Patrick School 1

Posted April 24, 2015
I'll be very direct and tell anyone who wants to know about my short-lived experience at St. Pat's. We made the tough decision to leave last spring because of a complete disregard for how we felt. We sent our children to St. Pat's for a caring environment of teachers and learners with a similar set of values and a strong curriculum. What we got instead was a principal who did not take care of discipline and bullying problems, was never present at meetings or available to the parents, refused to return emails or phone calls, and, when he did communicate, lied to us. In addition to that, we got a staff that told us in a letter that they all signed that they completely supported the principal and that we were misguided when we expressed these concerns. Now, a year later, their enrollment continues to decline by a lot. In the coming year, they will most likely have less than 80 children enrolled. This is a third of what the enrollment was just a few years ago when we started at St. Pat s. We now attend a different Catholic school, where the tuition is actually higher, but it is worth every penny!

Posted April 24, 2015
Small classes are nice except when they are too small. When your child is one of six in a class, then you find yourself wondering if your child is receiving all of the socialization that he needs. My older child has 10 other kids in his class. Again, it's just too small. So much of what they learn at this age is learned through group discussions, teamwork, etc. Much of this has been lost in the last couple of years since the enrollment dropped so dramatically.

Posted April 23, 2015
St. Patrick Catholic School continues to work to be able to provide a solid Catholic education. It is never easy to maintain a Catholic School. There is a great deal of commitment involved ,finacial as well as personal. Over the years there have been many challenges the Catholic schools/ parishes have dealt with. If you have found happiness some where else we wish you the best in educating your children. We at St. Patrick Catholic School will continue to pursue providing a Catholic education for those that want to join us. Join us in praying that Catholic education continues to be a choice for all.

St Patrick School 1

Posted April 10, 2015
This school has ZERO KIDS IN FOURTH GRADE. What does that tell you? That every parent, like myself, who USED TO HAVE A CHILD (or children) THERE has left. The Principal does nothing, many of the best staff have gone elsewhere. The Priest turned a deaf ear to the many parents complaints, so we all left & went elsewhere. Enrollment was over 220 four years ago, now down to around 100. There are NO school sports teams for boys anymore, not enough kids. Good luck to those parents loving the "family atmosphere". Now it's a very small family. Stay away.

Posted April 09, 2015
We loved this school until the past year or so. Plummeting enrollment, disappearing extracurriculars (sports, etc.), filthy corridors and bathrooms, lack of interest by the principal, increasing tuition, etc. are among the reasons why we won't be returning next year.

St Patrick School 5

Posted April 07, 2015
I cannot express enough what a fantastic school this is - academics are tops - family atmosphere and wonderful programs! All graduates not only get into the top private high schools but also receive a great deal of scholarships as well!! Cannot say enough about it !!

Posted December 06, 2014
This school is great because it is one of a kind. The sense of family is so strong. Kids really love to go to school! The kids are upheld to a strong code of responsibility in a loving and caring manner. So many special activities throughout the year. Parent involvement is encouraged.

Posted September 08, 2014
Used to be a 5 star school. Poor adminstration the past few years have caused a huge drop in student enrollment & many of the best staff members have left. Problems are promised to be fixed but there is no follow thru, poor communication with parents about everything & a large increase in tuition are major problems. I'd avoid this school until major changes are made.

Posted September 05, 2014
I am a parent at St. Patrick Catholic School in Pelham. My oldest son graduated from there after only being transferred there in 6th grade. I transferred him there after having a wonderful experience with my youngest son in Kindergarten. The school is such a family type environment and really gets to know each individual child. It's a wonderful place for your children to learn. My older child has learning disabilities and he really excelled in the 2 years he was there and they taught him so many valuable lessons both academically and socially.

St Patrick School 5

Posted May 16, 2014
I am a staff member at St Patrick School who loves my job and the people with whom I work. It has always been a close-knit family of employees who put the needs of the students above all else. Our students frequently come back to us from their respective high schools and tell us we have prepared them well for the rigors of secondary education; they know how to write, how to test, and how to manage their time. St. Patrick's offers an excellent Catholic education!

St Patrick School