Pembroke Academy 2

Posted May 20, 2013
As a student who currently attends Pembroke Academy, I have found many of the teachers to be, for lack of a better term, two faced. Many of them are quite kind and very agreeable and willing to work with the parents, yet when I put in a request for something to be done, whether I need a class changed or I have a problem in one of my classes, the teachers appear to always be busy or have a problem helping me with whatever it is I am doing. I have seen many people drop classes or just get relative help but when asked for it appears to be unavailable. Also, many of the students are often under the influence of drugs or alcohol. There are many bad influences in the school and many of the students drop out or go to the PACE academy due to drug problems, pregnancy, etc. The staff know about the drug problems and have actually witnessed kids smoking, drinking, etc. and have done nothing about it. It is a disturbing problem and I believe that if the teachers took their job seriously and actually tried to help the children and the overall environment of the school, Pembroke Academy would be a better place

Pembroke Academy 0

Posted October 20, 2009
The school offers an opportunity for each student to develope and grow in the area they are most suited. Not a scientist - that's ok if you would rather work on a motor or be business person. We need all different kinds of expertise for future jobs - Pembroke helps each one attain their own goals - not necessarily the goals of the masses. And hopefully provides the morals to lead good, productive, honest lives.

Pembroke Academy 4

Posted September 14, 2009

Pembroke Academy 5

Posted March 30, 2008
This school has made great strides! School of excellence, improved test scores and great parent communication. Well done, keep up the great work

Pembroke Academy 4

Posted November 30, 2006
PA may not have all the bells and whistles of, say, Bow, but it has rigorous academics for those who want such, and a solid commitment to inclusion for kids who need special education. My kids have had very good teachers for the most part, better than their salaries would suggest. The teachers are available after school for extra help. There are lots of opportunities to get involved. The lack of bus service for Pembroke students can be a hardship for some families, and the layout of the entrance and parking is a mess. I have been very happy with the education my kids have received.

Pembroke Academy 1

Posted March 21, 2006

Pembroke Academy 5

Posted December 21, 2005
- a former student
This school has always had and will always have quality academic programs. Parent, Students and Teachers must work together to keep the high standards of this school Extracurricular activities are numerous. Parents can not expect The Academy to raise their children but be proactive. All my children and grandchildren have and do attend this school and received an excellent education.

Pembroke Academy 1

Posted July 14, 2004

Pembroke Academy 3

Posted August 27, 2003
- a former student
I believe that this school has a lot of potential if parents and teachers joined to teach the kids together. I feel that the parents are putting to much pressure on the teachers to raise their kids. It should be a combination of both people, teachers and parents. The school has been through a lot in recent years. I believe the staff has a number of excellent and caring teachers and they should be noted. As long as your child works to their potential, they can be very successful! Michael Zachodny

Pembroke Academy
209 Academy Rd, Pembroke, NH  03275
Last modified Pembroke Academy is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pembroke Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.