Pittsburg, NH

Pittsburg School (High) 5

Posted September 25, 2009
As current students of Pittsburg School, we would just like to say that our school rocks! We believe we are getting a top-notch education and are really thankful for the one on one assistance that is available at PHS. Though the numbers are low, we make up for that in our spirit. We love our school and wouldn't want to have it any other way. (:

Pittsburg School (High) 4

Posted October 08, 2007
I am a former resident of Pittsburg who raised four sons there. I believe the students get the benefit of a wonderful one on one education provided by dedicated teachers True, there is a limited budget for certain things, and also the teachers salaries are lower by far than they deserve,but I think the fact that each student is known as a distinct individual by each and every staff member. They are not the anonymous students they would be in a larger environment.I appreciate the job the teachers did in giving my sons the best education possible. One of my sons is now a store manager at a high volume retail store and three sons are doing well in college. Thank you Pittsburg School.

Pittsburg School (High) 5

Posted October 23, 2005
- a former student
As a former student there I can not disagree with the two previous statements of the moral of the students being very low. With that said though I would like to commend the teachers that deal with the childrens low moral with an up beat approach to teaching. They may not be paid as well as other teachers but for the most part they give their all to all children that attend Pittsburg. For me no other school would of been sufficient enough to get me to go to college and for that I thank the teachers and the program. It is not about the popular moral of the students as it is about how you veiw your school and what you would like to do after attending it.

Pittsburg School (High) 4

Posted September 12, 2005
- a former student
As a former student I think that I really got a great education. Sure with the small stature the students are subjected to a few teachers who are less than adaquite, but that's true to all schools. I think that had I not gone to this school, I would have never made it to college. I had an IEP, but had I gone to another school, I don't think I'd the the help I needed The morale of the students may be a little low, but just as the teachers, this is expected at any school as well.

Pittsburg School (High) 2

Posted January 09, 2005
- a former student
Unfortunately if you live in Pittsburg you don't have much choice but to send your child to this school. Its small size makes special programs for either gifted and talented or special education studentent sub par or nonexistant. It also pays their overworked teachers deplorable salaries gauranteeing that they will likely not get the cream of education world. As a former student I can describe the morale of the student body as nothing more than abyssimal. If you can, send your kids to Canaan High in Vermont.

Pittsburg School (High)
12 School St, Pittsburg, NH  03592
Last modified Pittsburg School (High) is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pittsburg School (High) Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top