Bad
Good

This school is moving in the right direction. The teachers are constantly using data and reviewing their practices, looking at how to improve them to make the best situation for the students. I would remind parents that honest, open and friendly communication is the best way to keep everyone on the same page. Keep asking questions and looking for ways to help. The teachers will be more than willing!

I am not satisfied with the education my child is receiving at Pittsfield Elementary School in any way, shape or form. Her teacher seems not to be able to handle educating the 14 students, which seems like a very small class compared to the ones in which I was part of as a child. There are children correcting eachother's asignments, she has unfinished and/or uncompleted and/or incorrect school work being sent home weekly and seems not to have improved in any of the area's she has the most problems with. I am truely terrified of what this will do to her in future grades. What we try to improve at home seems to get lost the very next day. I wish I had another option for education for my children, I, unfortunately, have another child who will be attending PSE. I only have 150 words. School board please help!

I think the reviews below need to updated yearly....PES is moving in the right direction, changing administration and keeping up with the changes in educational programs. My son scores well above the average in all testing here and higher than the averages listed at other schools in the area...They must be doing somthing right!

Both of my children go to Pittsfield Elementary, I volunteer in the school regularly, and I have found the principal, teachers and staff to be supportive and caring. From what I have seen, they constantly seek to improve the quality of education in the school and to create a respectful, positive atmosphere for the students.

My two daughters go to pittsfield elementary and the teachers are doing a grate job. But, lately, our oldest daugfhter is doing alot of homework. She has to actually split into parts as to not get to frustrated. By the end of the day, its' done, but she had little if no time to be a kid. My youngest gets homework on week-ends.My wife and I put the girls education first and we do the best we can. Our education, mixed with the teachers teaching, our daughters are doing great, but the homework is to much.

Last modified Pittsfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.