Posted November 07, 2014
SALEM IS BETTER THAN TIMBERLANE IS. ESPECIALLY THE WIFI. SALEM SALEM SALEM SALEM SALEM SALEM

Timberlane Regional High School 4

Posted May 13, 2014
Some of the teachers are fantastic, though many of them have a problem with losing papers. I've found that taking a picture of the paper on an IPhone helps, since the IOS 7 update allows the user to display the date that the picture was taken. I've used pictures of completed assignments as proof that they were done on time without any issue and, although it may seem annoying, it's not a bad idea. Teachers will always lose papers. It's just a fact of life. The teachers which I have had have also been easy to talk to, though they do get frustrated when people are disrespectful. I have never had an issue with a teacher being unwilling to meet with me after school. My French teacher even let me take a speaking test after school because I didn't want to speak in front of the entire class! The students who do not try in a class and are rude, however, almost never get additional help. Although well-meaning, the Superintendent and the school board are definitely questionable. The superintendent is more intimidating than he is motivating and the school board is very conservative. I plan on keeping a close eye on them, especially after the Sweeney Todd controversy.

Posted April 28, 2014
This school need a lot of work on there education. The teachers do not help on anything. The teacher can not keep track there papers. They keep losing there paper. They do not stay after with you. I do not learn anything from that school.

Timberlane Regional High School 3

Posted February 17, 2014
My child is a motivated student who love English until she had Mr. Woodworth. He has no passion for his subject. The only reason he is employed is because his father is the principal.

Timberlane Regional High School 4

Posted November 02, 2013
This school district is under new leadership that is now stressing teacher accountability, course rigor and citizenship. Midterm and final tests have been reintroduced. Guidance and Academic Deans now have responsibility for all levels from grades 6 through 12 to better coordinate transition between middle and high schools and ensure the academic path through both schools. The Guidance Dept has increased the amount of college application preparation, including their 1st ever college fairs this year. Project Running Start has been introduced which allows dual HS/College courses and credit for a number of classes. TRHS has become certified in Project Lead The Way pre engineering curriculum which also allows college credits to be earned. More work needs to be done, but the school has turned around academically. On its present path it will become a powerhouse. My two kids have done well in this school with one now attending a very selective college and doing very well and the other a HS senior pretty well prepared for a 4 year college.

Posted September 25, 2012
Terrible. I had two kids go through this school. There are and No mid-terms, no-finals and no-college prep.

Posted December 12, 2010
I graduated from TRHS, and I agree with a comment that said guidance counselors aren't helpful. I felt very lost trying to apply to colleges. The quality of the building itself wasn't very good either as I remember, students joked that the school was 'made of asbestos' because of rain damage stains on the ceiling. I had a lot of really amazing teachers who still care about me today though.

Posted September 22, 2010
After graduating with honors from a local, private, independent elementary/middle school with very high standards, my child has attended Timberlane for 3 years. She is in the accelerated classes, is an almost straight A student, and has excellent behavior both in and out of school. I have been her "guidance counsellor" during these high school years, since there has been virtually no interest in her or her future from that dept. Very, very disappointed since I had hoped that they might want to take an interest in their better, more promising students. The teachers, for the most part, seem to do only the bare minimum, and are not worthy of our tax dollars which pay them! I have no idea what the administrators, guidance and so-called teachers DO all day long! If it were not for the wonderful Music/ Drama dept. and my own teaching @ home, we'd run from TRHS.

Timberlane Regional High School 0

Posted February 20, 2010
The leadership in this school is very disappointing. They do not enforce safety and discipline in the school. They also do not take a personal interest in the students well being.

Posted March 13, 2009

Timberlane Regional High School
36 Greenough Rd, Plaistow, NH  03865
Last modified Timberlane Regional High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Timberlane Regional High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top