Plaistow, NH
Students enrolled: 1,016

Posted August 12, 2014
I think that the Timberlane Regional School District pushes their kids way too hard to succeed. I understand that they want us to do good, but giving us so much homework and being slightly rude to students when they do something wrong is not the way to do it. I get fairly good grades, mostly A's and B's and the occassional C. But the teachers make it so hard to focus when they're pressuring you to do so well. Overall, the school system is okay, it's the teachers that make it difficult.

Timberlane Regional Middle School 5

Posted June 03, 2013
TRMS and all the schools in the timberlane school district are very good. The teachers are caring, helpful & awesome. Just an over all good school district focused on learning and making a great environment for students to grow. thanks!

Posted March 14, 2013
My son currently attends the TRMS. Many of the teachers are nice, but overall if I had to choose again, I would not send my child here. Many of the teachers do not provide adequate communication. My child actually failed a course and I wasn't even notified prior to the grade coming out. The 6th overall seemed the best of the three grades. The system has also moved to a standards based education system, and that has been a horrible experience for us as parents, and for our child who is used to getting grades. And when he moves on to high school, it's back to grades again. And if you want to help your child what level of course to take in high school, accelerated or career prep, you can forget about that. The teachers decide for them, and parents have no input at all. It's been a confusing and frustrating 3 years. If you can send your child elsewhere, I would highly recommend doing it.

Posted January 28, 2012
I currently attend TRMS and am disappointed with the teachers. I prefer my elementary school over this. My old teacher refuses to speak to me and often gives me dirty looks, although it was hardly any different while I was her student. Many teachers are disrespectful and treat us like we are four while they expect us to act more like we are twenty. The only unified arts class that I really enjoyed was art class. My teacher is very encouraging and I have gotten so far with her assistance. She is an exceptional teacher, although one of the few.

Posted February 20, 2011
( my grammar is pretty bad ) but i have to say this is a horrid school i went their as a kid and the gym teachers encouraged others to bully me because i was different . Im not sure how they treated other kids their who were different .. and also the teachers were not very supportive . When i had trouble with my work they would get impatient and angry even when i tried my best .. best advice if you live in this area , HOME SCHOOL YOUR CHILD.. just for their safety : )

Timberlane Regional Middle School 4

Posted May 10, 2010
Lots of rewards and challenges for motivated students. Extensive opportunity in arts, sports and music.

Posted September 02, 2009
Very disappointed in the teachers at this school. They tend to be disrespectful to the students and find the only way to handle concerns is through punishment, not inspiration. The administration is unavailable and difficult to reach. We left and found a different school

Posted February 10, 2009
Coming from the elementary school environment, it's a huge culture shock to feel so disconnected from your child's education. We make suggestions year after year, and somehow nothing changes. It's frustrating.

Timberlane Regional Middle School 5

Posted November 04, 2008

Posted February 26, 2008
My son went to TRMS for two years before I took him out to homeschool him. I never thought I would be homeschooling but he wasn't getting what he needed from this school. He was bored and considered a problem. Homework seemed like busy work and not of real academic value. He recently scored at a 12th grade level on the California Acheivement Test. He is now in 8th grade. Maybe HE wasn't the Problem.

Timberlane Regional Middle School
44 Greenough Rd, Plaistow, NH  03865
Last modified Timberlane Regional Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Timberlane Regional Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top