Little Harbour School 2

Posted December 05, 2014
ated review. This school is coasting on its old reputation of being a great school. I have two children that attend this school. Our experience has been quite different. Both children report being yelled at and witnessing other children cry on a daily bases. I started asking around and it seems other parents are having the same experience. I believe that there are some amazing teachers and staff members, but unfortunately they seem overwhelmed and lack support. The playground is normally 80+ kids and are " supervised" by two teachers .Children have been left outside and one child even walked home without any teacher noticing. Kids are often bullied both physically and verbally with little action taken by the teachers. I have heard numerous stories of children returning home with black eyes and other injuries with NO COMMUNICATION from the school. The environment in the lunch room is hostile and uncomfortable. The "lunch ladies" are also overwhelmed. They scream a lot and even slam their hands on the tables to get the kids attention.

Posted April 27, 2012
I thought it was time someone added a review here. Little Harbour is a great school. You should have no hesitation sending your children here. I would say that the teachers range from good to excellent. My kindergartener and first grader are thriving. My kids tend to excel and I like the way the teachers this year (though not last) are creating special opportunities for them. This did not happen last year for the older one, but is happening this year for both. I guess that's the difference between the good and the excellent teachers. Parents are very involved at this school. The leadership is good. The curriculum in all areas, from the basics, to art to PE to music and theater is all good. The children are kind. It's a funky dated 1970s era building, but who cares? If you don't like the look, you can gaze at the water behind it. How many elementary schools are on the water? Of course the important thing is the education. Feel good about sending your kids to Little Harbour.

Posted September 17, 2008

Posted February 06, 2007
i had 3 kids that attended this school and boy i really miss it. we had to move to another state for my hubby's job and i just can't begin to tell you how much i miss LHS. i wish we could move back. great communication between teachers and parents, safe enviroment, just a great school all around. kudos to the staff. thank you for my and my kids great experience.

Posted May 16, 2006
My daughters are in LHS kindergarten now and they like it very much. I must say that the teachers and staff have been wonderful to them and have given them a great beginning into their academic life.

Posted October 06, 2003
Little Harbour's child-centered principal sets the tone for safe, creative, structured and nuturing environment. There is a great sense of community within the school. The students are provided with a variety of opportunities to explore and challenge themselves.

Little Harbour School
50 Clough Dr, Portsmouth, NH  03801
Last modified Little Harbour School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Little Harbour School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top