Portsmouth, NH

Posted October 23, 2009

Portsmouth Middle School 4

Posted September 25, 2009
My son is an eighth grader at Portsmouth Middle School and I've been very satisfied with the educational opportunities there. While the building and equipment seem sub-par (many classrooms have folding tables and chairs instead of desks, for example), it is made up for by the staff. The principal, Mr. Stokel, seems to really understand what it means to be an adolescent, and he's created an environment conducive to teaching kids in that age group. The teachers are wonderful, too. Very focused on the kids. They also emphasize the importance of music education which I find refreshing in a time when so many schools are cutting those programs. All in all, they have a very well-rounded academic program. I would recommend this school to any parent.

Portsmouth Middle School 0

Posted September 26, 2008
it is a very old school but the teachers are great.

Posted June 07, 2004
Due to three relocations in NH we finally settled in Portsmouth. We have found PMS to be the most excellent in curriculum, staff and leadership! This combined with a strong school spirit and community involvement have made my daughter's 7th-8th grade experience challenging & rewarding. I attribute this success to school's leadership, caring staff and a community that supports and understands the importance of ensuring a safe, supportive and challenging learning enviroment.

Posted September 06, 2003
My daughter attended and has moved onto PHS. Son has just entered the Middle School and both have had an excellent experience with PMS. I stay in Portsmouth so my kids can attend the Portsmouth School System. Great place for kids to grow up. Lots of extra corricular to choose from.

Portsmouth Middle School
155 Parrott Ave, Portsmouth, NH  03801
Last modified Portsmouth Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Portsmouth Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top