Posted November 14, 2011
Portsmouth High school is the best school my son ever attended. I was very impressed with the teachers, athletics, and students. The teachers care about their students and the classroom size is great. We love PHS!

Posted October 17, 2010
It has some GREAT teachers and a TERRIFIC Principal!

Posted September 28, 2009
I graduated this past year, and PHS has been nothing but great for me. It has a helpful and intelligent staff, great sports opportunities, and a fantastic music program which has led me to decide to pursue a career as a music teacher.

Portsmouth High School 1

Posted October 14, 2008

Portsmouth High School 3

Posted September 01, 2008

Portsmouth High School 1

Posted July 11, 2008

Posted March 24, 2008

Posted January 29, 2008
I am a parent of a senior and a sophomore. We have been very pleased with our children's education. They are both having a very positive high school experience. There are many extra's to choose from. The athletic opportunities are abundant and the staff, for the most part, is phenominal. Our senior has been accepted to one of the top schools in the country. We could not be more pleased with Portsmouth High School.

Posted January 25, 2007
PHS was a very involved school community. There were numerous extra-curricular programs that were free to the kids that attended there. The school just recently got a new school building, and I am telling you that the new school is state of the art. It includes a new photostudio, where students can learn how to develop and sell their photographs, culinary kitchen and dining room, and way more. The school is notorious for their marching band and choirs, where they won 2nd place in the U.S. The drama and art departments are very organized and love to work with the kids. They boost your confidence by telling you that you can do what you dream. Overall, parents are very involved within the school. Teachers are excellent, they are there to help afterschool everyday. That proves that this school is a great place to send your child, without worrying about them.

Posted May 25, 2006
- a former student
I attended Portsmouth High School and graduated in 1999. The teachers were, for the most part, very good. My one complaint was that I was sometimes enrolled in classes that fit my schedule, not my learning needs (apparently the classes are ranked by level up to honors/AP level ).

Portsmouth High School
50 Andrew Jarvis Dr, Portsmouth, NH  03801
Last modified Portsmouth High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Portsmouth High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top