Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My daughter is a very bright young lady who loves learning! Loves to help others! However upon trasfering her to raymond they refused to enroll her and actually told me to take her back to her old school! 2nd the lady at the front desk deb has a very poor people skills always rolling her eyes and actually accused me of not being my child's mother 3rd mrs. Paulsen should be fired because of her lack of communication and when you get in touch with her if at all she gives one worded answers this teacher also accused me of having her cheat! As I want to point out my daughter had one of the best testing scores in that class .. However this yr my daughter has refound her confidence with her teacher this time around .. This school really needs to step up as they continue to misplace children by putting them on wrong buses then expect you to drive all the way back to get them ( hard for me as they know I'm disabled) they are the most misorganized school I have ever seen

Since I wrote my last review (I have a child with an IEP that the administration tried labeling ADD) things seem to be improving at LRES. I have had the pleasure of having one of my children in 2 of their new teachers classes. Both of the new teachers were FANTASTIC and really cared for thier students. They are a great addition to LRES. If the principle continues to bring in such wonderful people to his school we will have a truly wonderful place. As for the adminstrator that wanted to label my child ADD, she has since moved on and the her replacement is also a step in the right direction. There are still a few teachers there that would probably be better off retiring because they seem to choose favorites in a classroom and/or let children know when they don't like them and have been labeled "yellers." Still room for improvement but has taken great strides in the right direction in the past couple of years.

Great teachers who really care. Great principal and office staff who really care. Everyone seems to cheer each other on. They take the Anti-Bullying program seriously too. They seem to get that motivation comes from positive reinforcement. The students are not just numbers at Lamprey Elementary School.

My son had an IEP and they had a difficult time handling my son. H was there for two years and out of those 2 years they were only able to keep him for full days for 2 months out of that time. I actually moved to another town because of this. They were quick to blame ma as the full time working single mother of three... I also dont believe that every child needs to be medicated because they are difficult to handle.

The staff work so hard, but their hands are tied due to budget issues. Our school could really put this money to good use!

My two children attend LRES. Not all teachers 'fit' all children, but we have been blessed with our teachers. They have always been, understanding, structured, patient, and my children's education has surpassed what I would have expected. The curriculum much more advanced than what I grew up with, and I think it's great! You cannot expect the school system to be the only one responsible in your children's education, every parent neeeds to be involved, every day. I have seen some kids come out of this school and go on to good colleges, and have seen some kids leave the school and idle. I believe the difference was parent involvement.

My daughter is in Ms. Ingalls' first grade classroom. Ms. ingalls does whatever it takes to get the children to learn. This can be from cooking or using food to one on one with the child. The children in her class love to make her proud. I was impressed by the only rule in her class is that WE ARE FAMILY. My daughter reads well and I believe that is because of her caring teacher. She is never to busy to talk with a parent even on the weekends. We need more teachers like this in our community. The classroom is bright and inviting. We love Ms. Ingalls she is our family.

Great school. The teachers and staff at the school are enthusiastic. I have a daughter in the 2nd grade. The amount of homework is just right and I like the curriculum, especially math and science. Great job Lamprey Elementary! Keep up the great work.

I have a 4yr old in his 2nd yr of preschool and a 1st grader. My 1st grader has an IEP, and I am pleased with progress made. Both of my children have great teachers who truly care about their students. Ms. Walsh-1st grade is amazing and we feel truly blessed to have her as our daughter's teacher. As far as the school goes; many improvements have been made in the last few yrs. In my opinion-every effort is being made to ensure that our children receive the best possible learning experience in a safe environment. We as parents do need to take an active role in the development of our children-it can not rely solely in the hands of our schools. Those shoes are simply too big to fill. RC

I have 2 kids in this school a girl 9 and a boy7 my son does fine his teacher cares about her children. On the other hand my daughter has an IEP and i have had so many problemes getting her the help she needs.

Last modified Lamprey River Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.