Bad
Good

Posted July 15, 2016
My son is a special needs student and has been here for several years. The staff is caring and warm to not only my son, but all the other children. I have witnessed many smiles when staff talk with children. They actually care about the children and their families. He will miss his teachers when it comes time to move on.

Posted March 06, 2011
Thus far William Allen has been a great school. The staff truly care for the kids enviornment, and are working to bring high tech equipment to the classroom which benefits the kids. The principal stands outside to greet the kids in the morning, and gets hands on in making sure they are safe and cared for as they enter and leave the grounds. They hold monthly/bi monthly meetings with the parents of each grade over coffee to talk about what's going on and to address any concerns parents may have. There's a strong sense of community, topping any of the many schools I went to as a kid, and have so far sent my daughter to. The teachers are available via email, notes, you name it - willing to help and talk about any concern you may have as well.

Posted May 24, 2006
I have had two children that both went through their first 5 years of school at William Allen, one of whom was diagnosed with Asbergers, a type of autism. I have never met more caring people than the teachers and principal at the school. My child required extra attention because of the Asbergers and was given that attention and support by everyone at the school throughout the entire five years. The principal's involvement was way over and above what would be expected as it was obvious that there was nothing he wouldn't do to try to motivate the children. The teachers were involved very heavily with extra-curricular activities, most on their own time. I wish there had been a William Allen school when I was in school. They are the best!

Posted May 13, 2005
I had my doubts about sending my child to public school but this one exceeded all my expectations. The principal and all of the teachers give 150% to the children as well as the community. William Allen has won awards for its excellence in reading as well as being active in the community. I am very happy with all of the extra help the children recieve who may need it. The principal has even dyed his hair purple as a goal for the children to read more and it worked:) I never had a principal care so much for the children when I was growing up, I consider myself extremely lucky that my children are attending this great school.

William Allen School 1

Posted November 15, 2004
This is a school in need of reform. It was my experience that the teachers have no one that holds them accountable for their actions nor does the principal. Their is little follow through in educational plans, little follow through with disciplinary actions which in my family's case, left my children in an unsafe environment where any kind of learning was a challenge. In our case, my son was singled out, often set into time outs, not allowed to go to the restroom, to the point where he had accidents at school and wasn't sent home. I was assured though, that he was in no way a behavior problem. Even the principal,had no idea what kind of 'time out' discipline was used in this classroom. Think it over carefully before you entrust your most prized possession to these people.

William Allen School
23 Granite St, Rochester, NH  03867
Last modified William Allen School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.