Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted June 07, 2016
My son attended 4th grade here this year and it has been nothing but a terrible experience. My son has been bullied (by teachers) yelled at (by teachers) marked as tardy and absent when he was neither, denied lunch, has been sent home with lunch bills that were not his, he has not received a proper education nor a safe place to learn since attending. When trying to address these issues, I received eye rolls from the principle along with a less than professional attitude. Multiple complaints were made about lack of proper teaching, as well as rap videos being played on YouTube during class time. This school is filthy dirty, the majority of teachers act as if they don't even like working there and it shows in the rude attitudes they display in front of parents and children, and the over all poor programming are the reasons for the one star rating I gave. If I could have given zero stars, I would have. Absolutely awful!

Posted October 22, 2015
My daughter has had an overall great experience at Chamberlain. Principal Kat Crosby has worked hard to develop a community of hard work, respect, and growth for the kids, and really seems to have their best interests at heart. The only reason I didn't rate 5 stars is because I feel that my daughter's teachers were not working with us as much as I would like to challenge her.

Posted December 30, 2012
My child went to this school. I took her out mostly because of their failing report card and the many bullies there. They had told me that my daughter was doing just great but she was very behind in reading in all actuality. Fortunately they worked very hard with her at her new school Nancy Loud and she is improving. I'll never forget how great they all said she was doing.

Posted October 28, 2012
i was a student in chamberlin the stunk they have poor leadership and education if i were you i will go to tcca at somersworth and be more happy there F.Y.I the failed the state test many many times

Posted October 20, 2011
This school was absoulutley horrible. My son started Kindergarten this year. We attempted to address issues with the teacher and were brushed off. So we decided to move up to the principal who told us well I picked that teacher so keep giving them chances. To make the matter worse my son threw up and they did not call or send him home I found out when I picked him up...even though her through up at aroung 9am. they said "he was no sick enough" after all ogf this we transfered our son the East Rochester where two days into the new class he can now read. something he could not do will in the classroom at chmberlain. I am so glad I got my child out of this disorganmized train wreck. I also happen to know many parent who are unhappy with this school. My neighbors daughter who has a learning disability was suppoesed to be receiving one on one help and that didn't happen untill she went in and threatened a lwasuit.

Posted August 19, 2008
I am very satisfied with the enviornment at this school!

Chamberlain Street School 5

Posted February 09, 2005
Chamberlain Street School is amazing. I transfered two of my children from a private Catholic School to Chamberlain. All of the teachers are great and make you feel comfortable. The principal is so down to earth and when the children arrive to school he is out there opening the car doors for parents. How can you complain about that!

Posted November 25, 2004
WE have had children attend Chamberlain from K-4. We had to remove our children and send them to private schools. Majority of the teachers are great. **Proceed with caution**

Chamberlain Street School
65 Chamberlain St, Rochester, NH  03867
Last modified Chamberlain Street School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.