Rumney, NH

Russell Elementary School 2

Posted June 10, 2014
Lacking in educated, motivated and youthful teachers. As a rule the school spends more time on discipline and less on academics, after putting two children through this school, I would never recommend it to anyone, I wish we could have moved away. In fact i think it needs a total overhaul, sexual and harassing behavior is overlooked, the SAU fails to act on and follow through with complaints.

Russell Elementary School 5

Posted May 04, 2014
Russell has small class sizes, great parent involvement, high expectations and best of all my children love to go to school!

Russell Elementary School 4

Posted March 20, 2011
We moved to Rumney, NH in the summer of 2010 after accepting jobs at a local university and spending a year in the lakes region getting to know a variety of towns. A key draw to Rumney was Russell Elementary School. Russell values community, children as academically competent and socially responsible individuals and family engagement. The teachers hold children to high standards and expectations that they use to inform curriculum and meeting individual needs. The administration is supportive of teacher leadership in addition to holding high standards, a key component of an effective teaching environment. Having very different fraternal twins we live and understand the challenge of working with families with children that have diverse learning styles. Rumney honors each as individuals. What has impressed us most is the professionalism of the faculty and their ability to hold high student expectations without creating a culture of fear around outcomes and testing. At Russell, our children have been challenged to be active participants in their community, to think critically and grow as a learner. These experiences that will impact them throughout their lives.

Posted April 25, 2010
teaching is sub standard discipline is a joke bullying is everywhere administration gives no help to teachers school board is useless

Russell Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
I Have 2 Children at this school and 1 is in Special Education and I Love there svhool

Posted February 06, 2009
I don't like the way the school handles many concerns about the children. They waited until 5 months into the school year to bring to my attention a problem that has been occuring with my child since the first week of school..... teachers don't seem to have the time to deal with each child's individual needs..... too many kids per classroom......I'm very much regretting sending my child to this school and she will not be attending after the conclusion of this school year

Russell Elementary School 5

Posted August 16, 2008
I am extremely suprised by your rating. My first thought is if you can't even spell school correctly, i am wondering what your level of education is? GED maybe? I have had great experience with this school. The staff has been accomadating with my child's needs and my concerns of her education. They have always been open to meetings with me and accomadating to my schedule as well as the interests of my child and her well being. I have been very respective of the staff and their professionalism and have received the same from them

Posted March 26, 2008
I am not pleased in any way by this school. Low Standards, low teacher involvement and follow through. Lack of willingness by staff to accomodate your child's needs. No community involvement activities for connect school and town.

Posted February 25, 2008
Extreme 'behind door' politics. Very low academic standards. Scool in general does not abide nor are up to date on Education laws or current programs. Overall not a proficient choice for your child's future academic career.

Russell Elementary School
195 School St, Rumney, NH  03266
Last modified Russell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Russell Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top