Mary A. Fisk Elementary School 1

Posted March 14, 2014
I agree with the previous review NOT approciate certified for special education seed program, Communication is awful and staff is rude when i drop of my son with other children they walk right by with out saying a greeting to him and acknowledge other children and ignore him i find that rude especially for a child or his special needs program and is developmentaly behind and he looks at them and they walk right by without a greeting I bite my tongue and makes my heart sink I can't wait for summer/fall and when he starts kindergarden I will be putting him in a private school with certified teachers

Mary A. Fisk Elementary School 1

Posted December 10, 2013
The program is not staffed with appropriate certified people for the SEED program. It's only 2 hours of classes 4 days a week. The communication is awful, the administration staff is rude. There are better programs around the area. The first time I met the administration staff, I was told that children diagnosed by Massachusetts doctors are too quick to diagnose for Autism. I was insulted and felt that I was wasting their time. I pulled my sons out of the program and found a full day program. And my sons have made so much progress in 3 weeks then this program in4 months.

Mary A. Fisk Elementary School 0

Posted June 16, 2009
This is the BEST elementary school. My kids LOVE the staff as do I. They are very helpful with everything. They do more for their 5th grade students than any school I have had any of my kids in!

Posted February 11, 2009
My son attends Mary Fisk school,and the staff is excellent there..They have an excellent leader in Susan Rhoades..She is a pleasure to deal with,and she tries to make sure the children are getting the best education,and making it a safe and happy experience for the student...All the functions they provide,cookout,spaghetti supper,open house,these help you get involved and get your children to socialize...Excellent school hands down.....

Posted January 31, 2009
My son has been going to the SEED program and I could not even describe how impressed I am with the whole staff. All of the teachers, therapists, speech and language pathologists and assistants have been unbelievably compassionate, loving, knowledgeable and often times patient with my son Sammy. Academically, even at the age of 4 years old, what they have given him has been priceless. Like family, they are always waiting for him with open arms in the morning and they always send him home with a big hug. As a parent of two little ones, if this is what to expect with my children s future in Salem s school system, I am very impressed and excited for them. Thanks SEED Team!!

Mary A. Fisk Elementary School 3

Posted January 31, 2008
Fisk has some of the best teachers in the district (Mr. Rose, Mrs. M&M, Mr. G). They are truely wonderful - very caring and want every student to thrive academically. However, the principal is terrible. She could care less about most of the students and parents for that matter. The staff are so-so. Overall, my daughter is an excellent student, but she could have been challenged more.

Posted September 27, 2007
The Fisk School has a wonderful Principal, she is absolutely right on track with every student. All of the teachers seem to be 'hand picked' and each one of them are very strong in their own way. They push the children to learn and are definately into their jobs. My son takes music and plays the clarinet, he loves it. I am invited to every function and Mrs. Rhodes makes sure that as many parents are involved as possible. Fisk school has parent night, Grandparent day, Spaghetti suppers, concerts, back to school cookouts (where you can meet your child's new teacher). If there is an issue in the classroom, you are contacted immediately, never just a note sent home. I would recommend this school to anyone, they have wonderful teachers and a great Principal. An absolute treasure in my eyes. Thank you to all of the Staff at the Fisk School.

Mary A. Fisk Elementary School
14 Main St, Salem, NH  03079
Last modified Mary A. Fisk Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary A. Fisk Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top