Bad
Good

My son has been going to this school for the past 2 years and my sister has gone there for 6 years. I absolutely love the school. My son is above average in reading and math and they offer him special time to be able to grow more in those areas with older kids instead of being stuck in his grade level. My sister is an incredible artist and has been involved in an after school art class with one of her teachers and one other student. I think most of the teachers there are awesome and the new principle is great!

I have 2 girls at the Paul school. In the past few years there have been 3 principals. In general, I think the teachers are interested in the learning and well-being of the students. However, the leadership has been in such turmoil that consistency is lacking. I also was not impressed with the most recent principal and her "business" attitude-these are kids, parents and instructors- not pawns (she is not returning). Hopefully, things are looking up for everyone at this school as quite a few parents in the area have no other choices.

I do not have students at the Paul School. I am a teacher that lives in Wakefield. The two times I have been to the school to inquire about job openings, I was treated with no respect. The first time, principal refused to even speak to me and told me to leave the building after I was invited in. The second time a year later, I waited in the front office for 30 minutes while the principal and another staff member were "busy" in the principals office. When the door opened I could see a bottle of what I would call wine, and the clanging of glasses being put away. Then I was quickly pushed out of the front office and told to wait in the hallway. I spoke with a teacher in the hallway letting them know what happened. She informed me that the office staff are there for the money not the kids. This is terrible. It breaks my heart. I feel very bad for the children at this school and my spirit aches for the teachers that have to make their children successful with NO support from Office staff.

My sons have been going to paul schhol for three years.The first year for them at the school they had great teachers,and we tgought it was a matter of luck.The second year it was even better.The third year it was the same.Since that we are moving I thought that I should share my expirence with you,and show how greatful we will almost every teacher that we had in those past three years.Since I am a caring mother I knew the point to my kids sucsess was communication between myself and the teachers and belive me they were their for me.My kids were doing better and better every year.I do belive childern can`t make it on their own without the help of both parents and teachers.Remmember parents and teachers are not perfect and nether are schools.Our kids need the help they can from both parties.Thank you TEACHERS!

My children attended this school and were educatated on how some teachers are there for a pay check and not for them or their education. It's easy to get on the honor roll here when the teachers pass you through. My children are not honor roll students and need actual education and this school puts them on the honor roll. So if you want your child on the honor roll and not educated, this is the right school. If you want your child educated and earn the honor roll seek private or other public schools.

My son has been in the Paul school system since Kindergarten and is now in 5th grade. The school is definately rural with the educators here to be of the same. The fact that the school remains underperfoming and that no progress is being made is reflective of the changes in leadership. My son thrives in a smaller environment and unfortunately there are not many choices in this area.

The Paul School is a friendly, community oriented school which focuses on the children's needs. The teachers are great. My children have completed high school now, but still talk about the great times and friendships they have established at their first school. There is always something going on at the Paul School. I encourage parents to become involved with their child's education... it's a win-win situation!

Last modified Paul Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.