Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Idlehurst Elementary School 5

Posted December 03, 2015
Both of my children have had excellent teachers @ Idlehurst. Communication from teachers and administrators has been clear and consistent. I strongly support our school, and when I have communicated issues, they were addressed immediately and effectively by teachers and superintendent alike. I am happy to see our music and phys. ed program often working in tandem, recognizing that music IS movement and that not all kids are sports oriented. I am happy to see math skills taught in ways that I may have appreciated when learning the same skills. I love that my son's second grade teacher pushes him beyond his comfort zone to realize he can read at a 3rd or 4th grade level. It's the melding of programs I like, the overlaps of disciplines, that shows real creativity and energy in our teachers @ Idlehurst..

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 03, 2015
Our 2nd grade teacher has encouraged my son to reach, and as a result he's learned he is an amazing reader. Also, our superintendent is incredibly involved and dedicated, and her consistent work to get things done and continue to improve our school system.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 20, 2015
I don't feel this is the best school on the planet, but it's by no means as bad as some angry residents would have you believe. There are many teachers there who are working hard and doing their best to ensure their students are receiving the education they deserve. We should be supporting the teachers and getting involved in order to help in the areas that need improvement, rather than giving up and relentlessly bashing the town. Many of these teachers have good hearts and want what's best for our kids, and it's up to us to be part of the solution.

Idlehurst Elementary School 4

Posted July 20, 2015
This is not the best school on the planet, but it's by no means the horrible place that some angry residents would have you believe. There are many hard working teachers there who have good hearts and are doing their best for the students in their care.

Idlehurst Elementary School 1

Posted December 03, 2014
I moved my family out of Somersworth because Idlehurst is so bad. I am so glad I did, my kids are doing great now. I can not say anything good about that so called school. Good luck to the tax payers who are paying top dollar for one of the worst schools in the state of NH.

Idlehurst Elementary School 1

Posted October 15, 2014
The only thing I can say is this school is very disappointing. The experiences will not be shared, but, after last year, we decided to relocate our home to a different school district. This school is new and really beautiful but seriously needs improvement.

, Somersworth, NH  03878
Last modified Idlehurst Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Idlehurst Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top