Somersworth, NH

Maple Wood Elementary School 1

Posted February 02, 2014
There are two exceptional teachers and beyond that, marginal at best. The biggest issue is the schools inability or unwillingness to deal with behavior, specifically BULLYING. They try to pass it off as a mutual conflict instead of dealing with the offenders. Shame on you Maple Wood!

Maple Wood Elementary School 5

Posted June 02, 2012
Our son attends Maplewood, and it's a fantastic school. The teachers and staff are great, and the cirriculum is challenging.

Posted May 17, 2011
2 of my 3 children had the pleasure of attending this elementary school. With the exception of one teacher (out of 6) our experience has been wonderful.!! I credit Mrs. Scanlan , Mrs. Hubbard and Mr.Mommsen for their leadership and kindness. Their professionalism and true caring for the students has resulted in my children being avid readers and conscientious students. I believe with any school, you need great teachers, involved parents, and available administration. We kept up our end of the deal, and Maplewood has gone above and beyond to inspire and support my children. No school is perfect. But I am confident that Maplewood and it's staff have laid a great foundation for my kids to be able to face any educational challenge with confidence and curiosity. Kudos to them for being "The Little School That Could". P.S. Parents....It's not a daycare or a kennel. So get involved and hold yourselves accountable too. ;)

Maple Wood Elementary School

Posted May 13, 2009
The teachers are awesome My son took the Title one program with Mrs.Day and had HUUUUGE progress in ONE year and now does not need it I am so thankfull for that.Also the school is not the only ones being the parents you NEED to help to so your child stays on track.The teachers can not be there for help 24/7 Very important for parents to help as well. Two things I am not happy with 1 is in the lunch room the teachers make my kids eat stuff on the lunch tray or they cannot go outside for recess.This drives me nuts if my kid does not like the food DONT make them eat it. I pay for it!!and 2. I beleive there is a lot of homework for these young children when my son was in the title one class he had homework there,a packet due every week,math,and 20

Maple Wood Elementary School 2

Posted February 20, 2008
I haven't much experience with schools, but I hope that they are better than this one. The gym teacher is rude and yells at the kids, even the kindergarteners. The lunch room suprevision is poor. Recess supervision is worse than the lunch room. The principal avoids contact with parents and lets the staff handle most issues.

Posted December 01, 2007
My son's go to Maplewood...it's a pretty good school....the teacher's they have this year are exceptional and very caring. I credit my son's successes to these teachers. Most of the teachers are great....the admin staff is exceptional....a couple things I would like to see change is PE classes more often than once a week and after-school sports programs.

Maple Wood Elementary School 5

Posted September 28, 2006
I think Maplewood School is great!! My two daughters attend the school and they absolutely love it. They love the teachers that they have had and the teachers they have now. Mrs. Butler and Mr. Eastman have done a wonderful job.

Posted August 05, 2005
I think that Maplewood is the best school in Somersworth way better than the Somersworth Middle school. My daughter is 8 and is in the special ed program and she has had tremendous progress through the past 3 years there at maplewood. I have found all the staff to be very helpful and involved. This school may not be on the top of NH's list but I can say that the staff does great work and my daughter loves it there, she has learned so much because of the caring people that take thier time one on one with the students. I would reccomend this school to be the best in Somersworth.

Maple Wood Elementary School 2

Posted March 01, 2005
I dont like this school my daughter is 9 yrs ols in 3rd grade and cant read we have tried our hardest helping her but we are not teachers. The school refuses to help because they say her test scores are average. The problem is she will never pass into 4th because of this problem and if she does it is because she is being ignored not her grades.

Maple Wood Elementary School 3

Posted July 03, 2004
The school is okay. My daughter went there for 5 years. Special ed program is not the best. They take the kids out of the class way to much. Classroom teacher are really nice. There are a few there that really need to retire. They are just not able to deal with the kids. Other then that it is a nice quite school very safe and they have a new playground after 15 years.

Maple Wood Elementary School
184 Maple St, Somersworth, NH  03878
Last modified Maple Wood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maple Wood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top