Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

There are two exceptional teachers and beyond that, marginal at best. The biggest issue is the schools inability or unwillingness to deal with behavior, specifically BULLYING. They try to pass it off as a mutual conflict instead of dealing with the offenders. Shame on you Maple Wood!

Our son attends Maplewood, and it's a fantastic school. The teachers and staff are great, and the cirriculum is challenging.

2 of my 3 children had the pleasure of attending this elementary school. With the exception of one teacher (out of 6) our experience has been wonderful.!! I credit Mrs. Scanlan , Mrs. Hubbard and Mr.Mommsen for their leadership and kindness. Their professionalism and true caring for the students has resulted in my children being avid readers and conscientious students. I believe with any school, you need great teachers, involved parents, and available administration. We kept up our end of the deal, and Maplewood has gone above and beyond to inspire and support my children. No school is perfect. But I am confident that Maplewood and it's staff have laid a great foundation for my kids to be able to face any educational challenge with confidence and curiosity. Kudos to them for being "The Little School That Could". P.S. Parents....It's not a daycare or a kennel. So get involved and hold yourselves accountable too. ;)

The teachers are awesome My son took the Title one program with Mrs.Day and had HUUUUGE progress in ONE year and now does not need it I am so thankfull for that.Also the school is not the only ones being the parents you NEED to help to so your child stays on track.The teachers can not be there for help 24/7 Very important for parents to help as well. Two things I am not happy with 1 is in the lunch room the teachers make my kids eat stuff on the lunch tray or they cannot go outside for recess.This drives me nuts if my kid does not like the food DONT make them eat it. I pay for it!!and 2. I beleive there is a lot of homework for these young children when my son was in the title one class he had homework there,a packet due every week,math,and 20

I haven't much experience with schools, but I hope that they are better than this one. The gym teacher is rude and yells at the kids, even the kindergarteners. The lunch room suprevision is poor. Recess supervision is worse than the lunch room. The principal avoids contact with parents and lets the staff handle most issues.

My son's go to Maplewood...it's a pretty good school....the teacher's they have this year are exceptional and very caring. I credit my son's successes to these teachers. Most of the teachers are great....the admin staff is exceptional....a couple things I would like to see change is PE classes more often than once a week and after-school sports programs.

I think Maplewood School is great!! My two daughters attend the school and they absolutely love it. They love the teachers that they have had and the teachers they have now. Mrs. Butler and Mr. Eastman have done a wonderful job.

Last modified Maple Wood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.