Bad
Good

I have 2 children attending this school. I am continually impressed by the quality of teachers, year after year. We have only had 1 teacher with whom we were less than satisfied. The principal is excellent and fully engaged with the children and parents; when I compare stories with my friends whose children attend other schools, I'm reminded of how truly unique and outstanding his dedication and engagement is. Additionally, the after school enrichment programs offered by the teachers are a great bonus and again, not something all nearby schools offer. These mini-courses are age appropriate, small groups, that include skill areas like art, craft, foreign language, writing, acting, sport, active games, computer, etc. I've watched my little girl blossom into an artist and my son refine his motor and engineering skills in these activities. The school also has a musical instrument program and elementary level band. My children also participate in the afterschool program which is run by the YMCA. This program is a before-and-after school program, held on-site that provides quality activities, snacks and care for my children during work hours. Finally, parent volunteering is encouraged.

I attended this school when I was younger and it is the only elementary school I would ever want to send my children to someday! Wonderful school and amazing teachers!

I went to this school not so long ago, and to be honest the 6 years I spent there have been the best 6 years of my life so far. I started there in kindergarten and I was young for the grade I was in so my parents were nervous that I wasn't ready yet, but this school took care of me and my parents concerns. I love everything about this school; from the principal and the teachers, (even the janitor Bob), to the food and love I felt from the school. I recently went back to visit and everybody remembered me even though it's been 12 years since I was in their class for some of them. I almost started crying while I was there because I miss it so so much. Although this isn't the case with every child, one particular teacher here cared for me and has been my favorite teacher ever through all of the 50+ teachers I've had. And because of this teacher, I know what I want to do when I'm older: come back to SMS and teach. If you're deciding where to send your kids for elementary school, I wouldn't double think sending my kids here. Not only do they give you a strong learning base for the rest of your life, they genuinely care about every single little kid that ever walks through the doors.

Our two children have never had a bad day at this school (3rd and 1st grades). The staff really care about each child, they are expected to pay attention and learn in class, they have made math and science cool. Both kids were advanced readers by the end of kindergarten, and they enjoy music, art, and computer classes every week. The parents are invited to be involved but not excessively, and all the teachers we've seen make a big effort to communicate weekly about the goings on in the classroom.

We moved to the Seacoast area from another state with a very strong education system. Schools were our biggest concern and our number one focus. We chose Stratham because of this elementary school. It has been everything we had hoped. It all starts at the top and the Principal of this school - Tom Fosher - is extraordinary - there's no other way to describe it. It's been a great experience for our kids.

We've had such a good experience with this school. The staff are wonderful - and very kind. My kids love it, and are learning so much. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

We moved to stratham this year and so its our first year in SMS and we like it. Great teacher,Great prinicipal ,good after care at school.My focus was on Math and so far it is going great and the math skills are assessed each quarter. I didn't hear even one complaint from my kid about the school or the teacher.Very happy

my son is his 5th yr at this school, it is a great shool they are very involved with students and parents a lot of after school programs

Last modified Stratham Memorial School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.