PK-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

As a teacher and administrator I must say I’m truly sorry for the experience expressed in the recent reviews. In my experience, the teachers and administration puts sincere and determined effort into carrying out the mission of the school on a daily basis. Educating the whole person, one student at a time is not just a motto. Pursuing academic excellence in all disciplines while fostering an environment that values the true, the good and the beautiful is a task that requires total commitment. It has not been abandoned at this school. Regarding sports, we field teams in soccer, basketball, baseball, track, fishing and swimming. Despite having a smaller pool of athletes, our teams compete with other private and public schools in NHIAA Division IV. Our Fine Arts program features sculpture, advanced drawing and photography in addition to the core courses. Our Music program includes sacred choir, violin orchestra and formal instruction in music. While our school may not have the full complement of accoutrements available to larger public institutions, this fact is considered, not a privation, but an asset in that it demands more of both the teacher and the student. Technology is not spurned but rather contained within and academic framework designed to minimize distraction. A mobile computer lab was recently acquired enabling students to conduct research and complete assignments. Digital projectors are available to students and faculty for multimedia presentations and supplemental instruction. Finally, bullying is taken seriously and addressed immediately if discovered. We have an internal virtue formation program designed to affirm positive character development. Various virtues are highlighted throughout the year and students are encouraged to model the virtue.
April 08, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I am so glad there is a school in my area that doesn't teach Common Core !!! They learned what I learned in school: reading writing and arithmetic. No baloney!! And uniforms are e best equalizer in the world ... Grateful!

Develops character: no rating

Bullying is taken seriously and addressed immediately if discovered. We have an internal virtue formation program designed to affirm positive character development. Various virtues are highlighted throughout the year and students are encouraged to model the virtue. We have also partnered with outside sources to provide respectful behavior education.

Mount Royal Academy has been a very warm and caring environment for my children. My children are getting a great education while being held to a high standard of personal accountability. It is refreshing for me to see my son offering his chair to an elder without being prompted or holding the door open to let someone pass through. I feel like this aspect of "education" is lost in school these days and I'm glad it's " offered " at Mount Royal. The faculty is comprised of a group of knowledgeable adults who are invested in each of their students as well as the school itself. It takes a lot to run a school and I feel that the families, staff and students at MRA are very dedicated and I'm pleased to be a part of the MRA family!!!!

The new administration has strayed from the original vision of the school. Not very Christian. The academics are advertised as being above public school but at a closer look they are far behind the area public schools. After my children left Mount Royal and went to public school they needed to catch up quite significantly. There is nothing to offer in art music sports or other electives that are numerous in area public schools. Very Big bullying problem at this school also. The headmaster is only 28 years old and extremely judgmental and inexperienced. Not the school it used to be such a shame.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

there are excellent teachers as well as really bad teachers. The school hires teachers who will work for nothing and has a high turnover of teachers.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Depends on the teacher. Some of the elementary teachers are way over the top with homework. I found in my case one in particular would have the children figure everything out in homework that she should be teaching in the classroom. When the child would ask for help she would tell them it was in their book.

Develops character: Disagree

these people are judgmental bully's at this school if you have a son that is a (gamer) or uses computers fairly often don't send them here, the ppl are so disconnected from the 21 century its hard to believe

i go here and i want u to know that the 7 grade this school year are very judgmental their not catholic they are people who will say your weird and oh your sitting next to me ewwww. I've been going here for this year and half of last, havnt had a friendship go farther than talking at school

My kids attended MRA last school year. We decided to leave because the school is very unorganized, and the highschool classes seemed very dry and boring. The kids were not aloud to use technology. Which is absolutely ridiculous because it's 2014. Most school allow kids to use their phones, laptops and tablets, actually some schools even give students those items. I was just very annoyed by how the school is stuck in the 1800's. Not to mention that the highschool students are very rude and judgemental.

Last modified Mount Royal Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12