Posted August 21, 2014
In response to the review posted on July 28th, I do apologize again for the apparent disorganization of the school. I am also very sorry that you feel as if the school is full of 'hypocritical' people. I do invite you to call the school. Please ask for Derek Tremblay, Headmaster Elect. As a classical school, we believe that instruction and content must be delivered in an age-appropriate manner. Students in grades 1-6 do not use technology therefore in the classroom. Teachers use technology to supplement lessons, but we think students need a solid academic foundations first. However, students in grades 7-12 do use technology in the classroom. Our staff is equipped to help students use various tools in order to both learn and illustrate their own knowledge (Google drive, Quizlet, EdPuzzle to name a few). We do have a technology policy that is based on appropriate use, and high school aged students are invited to use their own devices in school, so long as a faculty member grants them permission for academic use. And lastly, I myself have written at least 1 other review, and the previous Headmaster did write review. I can tell you that teachers were never told to write reviews

Posted July 28, 2014
Very disorganized school full of very judgemental and hypocritical people. There are some very questionable moral standards. If you are in the "in" group, your children will be okay. Otherwise, expect very little. Technology is absent in this school. I love teaching values and morals to my children, but releasing students into a world unprepared technologically is ridiculous. I've read most the reviews on this site and it is evident that most are written by staff members.

Posted September 08, 2013
This is a simply outstanding school community with a strong emphasis on authentic Catholic teaching and on supporting parents as primary educators. They allow children to work to their ability instead of requiring them to work at the same pace as their peers...for example, students in Kindergarten can work at a 1st grade reading / math level if they have advanced beyond the others...but kids who are struggling in any given area can get individual attention given small class sizes. They also open their doors to homeschooling parents to allow their kids to take any class they need - music, science, art (where labs / supplies can get expensive and cooperation is key). Truly a hidden gem!

Posted August 25, 2013
Greatest school ever! My daughter loves it and so don't I. The teacher's genuinely care about their students and take the time to make sure each one succeeds. The staff is amazing and the Headmaster is the nicest person ever!

Posted July 19, 2013
Disorganized, constantly changing dates at the last minute. Populated by the multitude of teachers' children. Quality of work brought home by my children as well as items sent home written by teachers full of spelling and grammatical errors has made me cringe the last couple of years. Time to move on.

Posted June 05, 2013
Our family moved to the area 4 years ago so that our kids could attend what we truly believe (after researching many) is the best Catholic school in the state of NH. We love the classical curriculum at MRA, and the authentic Catholic culture. Our kids have a quality education and are encouraged to stretch their minds every day. They are truly growing in all aspects of their being: intellectual, emotional, physical and spiritual. We are so thankful for all Mount Royal has given us!

Posted October 07, 2011
Love it! Great academics in a great environment! My husband and I could not be happier with the quality of the education at Mount Royal. It is worth every penny.

Posted October 06, 2011
I have been working as the Headmaster at Mount Royal for the past three years. It truly is a beautiful school. Our enrollment has grown by 126% and we have just completed construction on the St. Joseph's Center which includes a new gym, science and computer labs, and a lunchroom. Also, construction on another brand new classroom building will begin in April. The curriculum is rigorous but students get the attention they need in a loving environment. IT is the only school I've worked at where the students don't want to go home at the end of the day! God Bless. David Thibault Headmaster

Mount Royal Academy 0

Posted November 11, 2009
My child started attending Mount Royal last year. We were so pleased at the extra attention given, that we decided to send our daughter again this year. Each day she is driven and supported to do her very best. After all children reach to meet the expectations that are set for them.

Posted May 13, 2009

Mount Royal Academy
26 Seven Hearths Ln, Sunapee, NH  03782
Last modified Mount Royal Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Mount Royal Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.