9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted June 01, 2015
Great school, supportive community, dedicated teachers, well rounded education. What's not to love about Tilton?!

Posted May 29, 2015
After applying to several New England boarding schools last fall I decided to accept admission to Tilton School in the picturesque Lakes Region. The school not only met my academic, athletic, and social needs but exceeded all expectations I had going into the application process. The admissions staff was helpful, friendly, and really made me feel comfortable throughout my interview and tour. On accepted students day I was welcomed by smiling faces ready to show me what Tilton had to offer. I appreciated getting perspectives of the school from multiple sources including teachers, students, and parents. After accepted students day I knew Tilton School was the place for me. Since the first time I stepped foot on campus I got the feeling of a tight knit community. I honestly felt like the teachers cared and were willing to help me. The motto "power of potential" truly represents the schools philosophy. I couldn't be happier with my choice to go to Tilton. Now I am preparing for the next school year and I could not be more excited! If anybody is questioning whether or not Tilton is a good fit I highly recommend checking out their website or even visiting the campus. Good luck for anyone applying to Tilton!

Tilton School 4

Posted February 23, 2014
At a recently basketball game, I was shocked to hear the inappropriate (and abusive) comments being said by Tilton players and their parents. This is not good sportsmanship or acceptable behavior. This is only a reflection of what goes on in the Tilton school community.

Tilton School 2

Posted May 31, 2013
I just recently observed boys from Tilton School yelling out of a bus extremely disrespectful comments to a female. What shocked me the most was that the adult on the bus did not try to stop them. If this is how these students behave off campus, I could not image how they are on campus. Obviously, the staff are not doing their jobs of teaching these teenagers how to become respectful, responsible citizens.

Tilton School 1

Posted May 28, 2013
I went to a summer program run by this school many years ago. I was shocked and deeply hurt when I was bullied- not by students (at least, not more than usual), but by teachers. I'm sad to see the other reviews indicate that whatever warped administrative culture allowed that to happen to me has survived.

Tilton School 4

Posted November 10, 2012
I have to say as a parent of a student, I am disappointed and shocked at how the administration handled student issues and discipline. Tilton does offer a good education but private school should be much than that. It is about building a community and helping teenagers learn how to be responsible and respectful citizens. When administration, behind closed doors, makes a decision based on political reasons, the message is clear that money can buy you anything. Is that a community? Or, is it teaching students how to become politicians?

Posted July 21, 2012
The 4 years as a boarding student were the best 4 years of my life. I met people from all over the world, learned many life lessons, became successful, and so many more reasons to attend this school. I was one of many in my family that graduated from Tilton. It was my home and difficult to leave but I always make sure to return. The campus remains beautiful and holds many good memories.

Posted January 22, 2008