W. Lebanon, NH

Posted May 03, 2015
What do we love about Mt. Leb? So many things... Warm, kind, safe, and friendly environment. Dedicated, thoughtful, caring, responsive staff. Dynamic art and music programs! Beautiful, cozy library. The Four Winds Program is a special opportunity for children to learn about nature (often outside) in the context of math, science, language, and the world around them. At the weekly Morning Sing parents/caregivers/families are welcomed and share in the positive energy. During Morning Sing students are encouraged, without pressure, to appear on stage to perform everything from dance routines to drumming. Another gem is the Safe Routes to School program, where children are supported in safely walking to school on specific days. During special electives week our son learned the signing alphabet that he now tries to teach us. Each year children receive a special (free) book as part of the "Books are Terrific Treasures" program. The principal is highly accessible, quick to respond and strives to find solutions that work for the parents, staff, and children. She offers regular coffee chats for parents/caregivers. We are lucky to have her.

Posted April 25, 2015
I currently have one child in at MLES and have had 3 others that attend the school and have had a very positive experience. They really care that kids get what they need and have been very involved in getting all my children the help they need to be successful in later years. For example I have a daughter who struggled in math she was tested and received an iep and by middle school no longer needed an iep and now in high school does very well in all classes even math! I believe MLES and LMS got her ready for the challenge. It is truly a wonderful school with very awesome teachers! It is a wonderful community and I would highly recommend MLES.

Posted April 24, 2015
We have had great experiences at Mt. Lebanon School as a whole. There is great opportunity for parent involvement at this school with several programs that have been implemented, such as four winds and the new math night has been a big hit as well. The school has a very welcoming upbeat feel to it and it shows through in the students . The teachers are very attentive to the learning needs of their students as well as any disciplinary issues that arise and are happy to get help for students right away if need be to get them on track. The teachers and staff hold high expectations of the students to successfully prepare them for middle school.

Posted April 22, 2015
Mt. Lebanon School is a great community school with a comfortable, feel-good atmosphere. The school works hard to involve parents, teachers and the community throughout the year, including a weekly morning sing. My kids love the school, and as parent I feel secure and happy knowing they are at Mt. Leb. Also, as a parent to a child with special needs I am amazed at the attention and care given to my child. My child's needs are meet beyond my expectations. The nursing support is phenomenal. Each staff members not only meets my child's needs, they truly care about my child and it shows each and every day. I appreciate the level of communication provided to me about my child and about any concerns I may have. There is an open door any time I need to speak to an administrator or member of my child's care team. This level of care provides my husband and myself with a level of confidence regarding my child's care and education. I highly recommend Mt. Lebanon School.

Mt. Lebanon School 4

Posted April 19, 2015
I have a child at this school and I feel that it is a very loving place to be. The staff is always available to me and my son. Parental involvement is very important and the school welcomes it. There is excellent communication between the staff and the families. Great things are happening.

Posted April 14, 2015
I have only positive things to say about this teaching environment. I have 3 daughters, all having gone or currently enrolled at Mount Lebanon Elementary School. This is a truly positive environment where children learn and are surrounded by amazing teachers and staff. I am continuously being updated on my children's progress, not having to wait for conference time to learn of any issues. My eldest daughter is currently in the middle school, another fantastic school, and I feel she was completely prepared for this change. She had no negative transition period, smooth sailing. The staff at MLES really care about their students. They are fast to react to negative feedback, wanting to make it right. They focus on the inidividual needs of children. Parent/principal discussion sessions are held to talk about current issues and things that parents feel need addressing. And they are addressed. Our new principal is a wonderful addition to the school, coming to us with fresh ideas and a real desire to make it work. She is a dedicated woman, dedicated to the school, the teachers and, most importantly, the students. I have been very happy with the education my children have received!

Posted April 14, 2015
I am a parent of a current student at Mt. Lebanon. This is a wonderful public school. the classroom environment is rigorous and the teachers have always worked to challenge my child (who academically needs a challenge). The teachers have also done excellent work at supporting areas for growth and adapting those areas to the child's specific needs. I don't feel like this is just a school that I send my child to, it's a community that our entire family is a part of. There are always fun school events that we attend as a family and the staff and faculty is always friendly and kind. This is the best elementary school in the area!!!!

Mt. Lebanon School 1

Posted May 22, 2014
This school failed my child! They passed my child every year knowing he was struggling academically but because he didn't have a behavior problem he fell through the cracks. His report cards never made sense and when I questioned them it was "oh he will get there just needs a little extra help." Then went to 5th grade and found out he def needed an IEP he cannot retain info nor can he retrieve information presented to him. Yup and I never felt this was a place I was comfortable and I was often snubbed. I would never bring your child here to be educated or taught how to socialize.

Mt. Lebanon School 1

Posted August 31, 2013
This school is the worst school ever. My son used to go there for preschool and kindergarten. The teachers has no clue how to handle their students. They even don't have a clue how to handle an adhd child. Make calls from their personal cellphone to the parent on their working teaching time.

Posted March 29, 2012
Such a great environment! I can't say enough good things about the school. The staff and overall experience is the best start a child could ask for!

Mt. Lebanon School
5 White Ave, W. Lebanon, NH  03784
Last modified Mt. Lebanon School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mt. Lebanon School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top