Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

I was trying to stay very positive when dealing with this school but my experience just kept getting worse and worse. The communication is terrible. Even worse since they are trying to save money and go paperless. The teachers are great but will not tell you anything because it will impact their jobs. They want to be on the students side but their ultimate loyalty is to their job not your child. I have a struggling learner. The Child Study Team did everything in their power to avoid helping my child. There wee a lot of unethical choices made. They sent me in circles for over a year and a half and try to make you so exhausted you give up on helping your child succeed. The Principal did not reach out to me once though everythjng, although he was cc on numerous emails. There is so much turnover that no one knows what they are doing. Transportation is a mess, The Special Ed Director that was finally able to help me quit it was so bad. If you are moving I suggest you choose a different District if you actually care about what your kids are learning and want cooperation and communication. I'd choose carefully before you get invested in a community and your child makes roots.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Most of the homework revolves around the PARCC. I feel the children spend their day learning how to take a test instead of aquiring actual life skills

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school is about saving money, not about the students needs. They push them through the system. There's little integrity in that.

I am happy with the school and the new programs. Great new principal in Lloyd Rd. School and New Principal in Middle school. Also with new Superintendent maybe more good things are ahead. After school homework club in 4th and 5th grades has been wonderful for parents and kids seem to love it too. The special needs parent group is awesome. The district is really a great environment for all kids.

After reading the earlier reviews I was very nervous about my child attending Lloyd Road School. Thankfully my daughter is absolutely THRIVING at LRS. Her teachers are warm and caring individuals who challenge her intellectually. I could not be more pleased with the school.

Sadly, I completely agree with the review below. Our experience at Lloyd Road School has been terrible. It is disorganized and dysfunctional from the top down. The building is clean and well maintained.

Lloyd rd. Is awash with some of the most incompetent leadership I have ever seen. Communication is lacking from the teachers as well as the administration. They talk down to parents and students alike. Two terrible years here. Two stars for a well maintained building.

lloyd is a great school.Teachers make student study hard. Great feedbacks from student

This school is devoid of warmth and community. The teachers are mostly good but don't seem to have any direction from the administration. The test scores have been dismal for several years and the principal seems to be living in the past--still calls it a blue ribbon school but it has been at least 6 years since the last time it was on that list. The PTO is more like an exclusive coffee-clutch than a student oriented organization. I have signed to volunteer at events and have been told they don't need help?! The new technology in the school was barely used until this year. Happily, there is computer class again this year, although the old Superintendant had cut that last year so my child really had no chance to use the computer lab. Overall, I'd say that I will be happy when my kids are out of here.

Last modified Lloyd Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 4-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.