Bad
Good

Many many improvements have been made to this school and with ms. Nwanguma in charge, this schools priority is providing a safe and educational environment for all kids. My daughter attends the middle school, has great friends, is getting a great education and there are so many activities for he kids, she is always engaged in healthy programs for her and her friends to do together.

Also , the schools new principal has really turned things around . there are those kids who want to show out because they think its cool or funny , but THEYRE the ones who make us look bad . in 2007-2009 years the kids that were always fighting were some of the high schoolers today , who have probably gotten left back several times . our test scores are bad because less than 25% of the students dont bother to pay attention or ask for help to review what is supposed to be on the test . just ignorance and inconsideration of the school . the PARENTS of all people should be blamed . the teachers ask if you need help , are struggling , let you come during lunch , anything you need to HELP you in any way they can . the school isnt scary , or dangerous . its perfectly fine . no one should have anything negative to say . --- submitted by a student

As a student here, it pains me to read these negative comments!! I have been in the winslow school district my entire educational career and I wouldn't want it any other way!! The staff is amazing, Ms. Nwanguma is a great principal, and the extra ciricular activities keep our students active and excited!!

Winslow Middle isn't as bad as everyone says. I was there from 6th through 8th grade and i had a lot of fun as well as some amazing teachers.My mother was very impressed with some of the teachers I had and is going to request that my sister gets some of the same ones next year. Yes there some kids who start trouble, but they are dealt with. The school has definitely changed for the better since Ms.Nwanguma became the principal.She doesn't tolerate bad behavior. As long as you focus on your education and don't get involved with the few kids that don't care, you'll do very well in Winslow Township Middle School.

I was apprehensive when my child wanted to attend the middle school as I have heard many horror stories. I decided to give it a chance, because elementary schools in Winslow were amazing. Disappointed to say she will not be coming back in the fall. There are a small number of teachers who are trying, the over whelming number of discipline issues outweighs the educational standards at the school. The majority of the staff DO NOT send their kids to this school nor do the law enforcement officials that live in the district. The social and ethnicity makeup in not equally balanced.

My only pet peeve is the school puts all children that are least proficient in the same classes. They do not mix the kids, so the children who are still struggling do not have a higher standard to compete with. Birds of a feather flock together. Place the learning bar high for all children. You will be surprise that most children will strive to achieve when they are challenged.

I was very apprehensive to send my child to this Middle School last year. Listening to horror strories from other parents, I thought that my child not only would receive inferior education, but would be subjected to negative influences. My daughter convinced me to give the school a chance and I'm glad that I listened. The first positive indicator for me is that teachers (and a principal) who lived in the district sent their own children to the school. Second, I was impressed by the activities available to the children, including Band and Orchestra and dedicated sports coaches. I also appreciate the opportunities available to contact my daughter's teachers if needed. My daughter takes honor roll courses and as a person who excelled in academia and takes her education serious, I am comfortable that she is receiving good, quality learning.

I believe there is potential however, I the school board needs to do more with the No Child Left Behind Law. The school is a year to a year and a half behind in academics. My child attended a school outside the county last year and returned to WTMS in 2009. Guess What??? They were using the same books that were used for a lower grade level for the current year. I must say how disappointed I was as a parent. I believe the school board is responsible for the teachers ( who are really good) and students for not making a full effort with the funding they receive. They are responsible for better academic standardize test scores. In this region, Glocester TWP., Washington TWP has totally surpassed Winslow by a year to a year and a half. This is sad.

Most of these people posting these reviews have no idea what there talking about, I as a student here don't think it's to bad of a school to go to. Other then a couple of fights which get taken care of quickly, this school is great and no one should be scared of going here.

I believe that the reason our test scores continue to be low is in large part due to the fact that there are too many students who don't care and too many parents/guardians that don't care. Students who don't do their homework, projects or study for tests are not going to all of a sudden score high on standardized tests. There is only so much a teacher can do. The education is there if the student ( parents/guardians) want it. Start making the parents/guardians be accountable for their children! The students I feel sorry for are those who truly struggle. Unfortunately I believe they end up in classess with the students that don't care and therefore the classes are more disruptive and make it difficult for those who want to learn. Again, make the parents/guardians be responsible for their students lack of interest.

Last modified Winslow Twp Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.