Bad
Good

Atlantic City High School NJ - our two attended in 2011 - daughter in 10th, son a Senior. They went the entire year without a friend - even though both put themselves in a position to make them. Son on the Golf Team, daughter on Crew. Both are high honors students, never been in trouble in their lives, and a joy. The best part of attending this school was the gratitude they had for Highlands Ranch High in Highlands Ranch CO when we moved back... Unfortunately for our son, high Senior Year was a nightmare of metal detectors, thuggy kids and he felt he didn't learn much that year. My husband and I found it "interesting" that when the kids "attempted" to purchase school lunch with cash or to set up an account - they were advised "no one pays for lunch here" and given a form to fill out for free lunch. Our annual household income is over $150,000 so didn't know what to make of this. If you have to live in this district - pay for private school is my only advice.

I graduated from this school in 1983, I loved this school. As I have met so many good people and learned so much, thanks to the staff and this great school.

Best alternative high school in the state, The Viking Academy, gives students chances to go to college and find jobs. This school gives many students who were thought to be 'troubled' a second chance. The staff there is outstanding. A+++++

I love this school it is well-organized and put together; of course i have realized this after attending pleasantville high scool.

I'm a senior at this school and I have been there for four years. For anybody to say that this school is rated 2 out of ten stars is a tad ridiculous. Something new is happening every day and it allows everyone to leave there with a diversity they wouldnt have had at one of the other racially lacked schools in the area. The school just gets a bad rep for the fights even though there are fights just about everywhere

No School in the area has the diversity and the challenging faculty.

atlantic city high school is a great high school experience. I am currentlly a junior and am loving high school. I take all honor and ap classes and I am taught amazing life skills. kids who go to private schools and other public schools in the area are missing out on the great experience. if your not learning calc. ap then you and learning how to manuver your way to your next class. last your class of 2007 sent two kids to MIT, 3 kids to UPENN and this year class of 2008 two kids have already been accepted to UPENN and GW. maybe if the student that wrote below me payed attention they would of learned something!

If not the violence, students are affected by the mediocre academics. I was not challenged even though I took all Honors classes. Honestly I learned nothing at all.

I graduated from ACHS in 2002. I loved my experience there and I believe it really prepared me for college. The diversity of students, curriculum, and extra-curricular activities was a wonderful experience for me. I loved the environment and the teachers pushed me to do well. I think ACHS is a great school. I loved it!

AC High is one of the better schools in the region, despite all of the negative press. The diversity, the cirriculum, and the state-of-the-art facility are all positive things that many look past. My son attended AC High and not once did he get into any trouble or express that he felt that he was in a dangerous school environment. In fact, he loved it! He was sad during commencement ceremonies but also satisfied that ACHS provided him with the education that he needed to be succussful in this world as he pursues his dream at Princeton University. Atlantic City High School is a great school.

Last modified Atlantic City High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.