PK-8, 10|Private

Bad
Good

Posted February 23, 2016
Love Love Love this school! I'm proud of our school! I'm proud of all the student's accomplishments! I'm proud of our teachers! I'm proud of our programs! We realize that everyone has an opinion! While we realize we are not perfect we are constantly striving to be the BEST we can be! Our concern has and always will be the safety and Love of the Children!

Posted November 05, 2014
Love Kids Castle! Love the Teachers! Love Ms. Maureen! Love Love Love the School! You will Love It too!

Castle Academy 2

Posted February 10, 2014
I put my child in castle after I thought public school was failing her. She has some disabilities, which they recognized and had her tested and classified. We had a great 2 yrs. Then I started hearing too many teachers speak so badly of their employer. Then my child's teacher finally became honest with me and said she didn't think that they could offer what she needed. I mentioned this to the administration and quickly the opinion of that teacher was dismissed. I finally removed my daughter after I witnessed her being bullied by another child while many teachers just stood there and watched. My child finally told me she was scared to be in school. That's all it took for me. They have some great teachers but unfortunately they will be over shadowed by the bad.

Posted January 11, 2014
My daughter is in the Pre-K program. I love all of her teachers. She excitedly tells us about her day every night. She is constantly coming home with projects. She is not in kindergarten yet, but has homework every night. She is able to read a bit and do math. I am highly impressed with what she has learned. I also love that they are open everyday, except major holidays. Even on the snowy days, they are open. That is a big plus for my husband and I since we have to work at all of these times. I will recommend this school 100%!

Posted December 31, 2013
My daughter began attending Castle Academy during the summer and is now in the first grade. She loves it! The teachers and staff are friendly. I was concerned my daughter wouldnt be challenged because she scored really high in a gifted and talented exam in New York, in Castle Academy she is in fact challenged and they manage to make the work enjoyable. I love that she comes home showing me where continents are located, and she is eager to study for her weekly spelling test. The school also is excellent in building confidence! My daughter proudly told me she read a book to the class and everyone enjoyed the story. I couldnt be any happier with the education she is receiving. I love that the principal is strict but at the same time extremely friendly and the children love and respect her. Clearly I am very happy with the school!

Posted November 08, 2013
my school is the greatest. I find everyone to be loving, caring and the education is outstanding.

Castle Academy 4

Posted November 30, 2012
Reading many of these reviews I am becoming very angry. As an alumni I truly do miss the school. I miss my friends and especially my teachers. After graduating 8th grade and moving onto a public high school I cannot say I have had the personal connection with any teachers since. My teachers were like family so were my friends. I could trust everybody. I never felt uncomfortable and the building is the cleanest place ever. Personally I didnt like non-trip days during summer camp. NO CHILD wants to do school work during summer break. My parents would drop me off at 7:30am and pick me up at 6pm. The TV time wasnt that bad. We would watch a lot of movies during before and after school care. In middle school you could opt out of movie time and do homework. Also at any agetime to eat breakfast was offered in a classroom. I learned so much during school. I learned to be polite and respectful most importantly. I hate that in public school. To be honest I hate public school. Some parents complained about the school not supporting ADHD students. I was fine. I had to learn how to deal with it with out medication and I did. THey were very supportive.

Castle Academy 2

Posted August 02, 2012
We sent our 2 kids here for a week - a co-worker raved about the place and the price couldn't be beat. However, it was clear that their strict rules were not going to work with our 2 year old and they were not willing to cut him any slack even though it was his first week. He had multiple potty accidents and was obviously upset when we picked him up at the end of the day. We sent the kids to a new school this week (that was much more expensive, granted) and the change in attitude and behavior at night is unbelievable. There are a lot of really troubling reviews here and on other websites as well. If your kids are easy going and can make the most of any situation, the price may be worth it, but for any kid who needs any extra tlc, this is not the place for you.

Posted July 12, 2012
I have got to say how very disappointed I am after reading peoples comments. My daughter has been with Castle Academy since grade K and now going into 2nd and loves everyday. The education is wonderful and nothing of a Public School. Yes Ms. Maureen is strick, but you pay for what you get. This school is safe and the staff takes wonderful care of your children and not to mention very CLEAN. My daughter loves everyone in the building and loves every moment learning there and is happy to be there. The class sizes are small and the attention your child gets is amazing. I will be at this school for a very long time, as I am very happy and would rate this school as EXCELLENT.

Castle Academy 1

Posted June 10, 2011
Very unhappy with this school, although the school is the most sterile school in the nation (smell of bleach daily), my daughter's teacher was cold, unloving (pre-K). My daughter use to tell me that she did not want to go to school nearly every morning. Although the academics are advanced, the teachers seem to forget that they are 4 year olds quickly. My child started displaying agressive play while attending. I observed her on several occasions, what I found was my child playing school with her dolls and yelling at them, telling them to get away from her desk, teling them they could not go to the bathroom and once I heard her say "what do I speak Chinese". Remember she is talking to her dolls. When I would pick her up I would hear other tearchers yelling as well, this appeared to be an accepted means of discipline. Friends of mine that sent their kids there also have removed them as well for simiular reasons. I would never recommend this school ever.

Castle Academy