PK-8 & Ungraded
Bayonne, NJ
Students enrolled: 1,087
Before care: Yes

Posted October 15, 2014
My son is going to Midtown and we are happy with the school. I'm not sure the answer about the library, but I'm not sure that it's a special anymore. The children get computers, gym, and art and music. So far every teacher that my son has had has been wonderful and caring. The books that my son uses are the same that they use in other schools as we have friends in other districts. I see the policies and the work that comes home and there is nothing wrong with it. As a parent who is very strict with monitoring what my sons watch on tv and in movies, yes, the watching of Spongebob concerns me, but instead of bashing the school publicly based on one teacher's poor choice, I will take that up nicely and with the teacher personally.

Posted October 14, 2014
I would like to understand why this schools rating is constantly going down year after year. This is totally unacceptable, there is no excuse for this. How could anyone in there right mind expect me to send my child here and have a clear conscience.

Midtown Community No.8 Elementary School 2

Posted March 14, 2014
There are some very caring teachers in the school and we have lucked out with quite a few, but I agree with the last parent's review. Whenever gym class is cancelled (which is frequent), they have the kids watching a movie. My kid watches more TV at the school than at home. Why don't they take them to the library? Also, the student reviews are sweet but the fact that they all keep spelling "principal" the wrong way concerns me. It's not a bad school, but there are certain things that really should not be overlooked. I'm hoping that the teachers and princiPAL look through these reviews to better their school program.

Posted January 01, 2014
Parents who are so proud to have your students at Midtown School, be sure to ask the about the library they're not allowed to use for any purpose except on occasion for the book fair, where they can buy books but not use any of the library's facilities. And when physical education class is cancelled, be sure to ask them the plot of the same Sponge Bob cartoon or Eyegor movie they're forced to watch time and time again while crammed into the same hallway. Education at its finest.

Posted December 31, 2013
My son started Pre-K in Midtown Community School last year and I must say that from day 1, I was so impressed with the school. I went from feeling uncomfortable leaving my first born at school, to looking forward to seeing his face as he was so proud to tell me what he learned and share his day with me. The teachers are excellent and stay in contact with the parents and really, truly care about their students. I witnessed many great things happening at Midtown and I happy that my son is part of such an excellent school.

Posted September 04, 2013
Midtown Community School is the best. I was part of the first graduating class of 1993. This school has became a part of a lot of our own children. The teachers are caring and loving. Mrs. Mercun is best. I still travel 1800 miles away to visit the school as well as Mrs. Mercun, twenty years later she is the same loving individual. This school could not ask for a better principal.

Posted June 28, 2012
This school is truly amazing! I have been a part of the Midtown family since grade 4. This school has a fantastic principal, Mrs. Christina Mercun and an outstanding vice principal, Mrs. Patricia Dzuibeck. They care about the students like crazy! The staff is amazing also! As a graduate of Midtown's class of 2012, I can truly say that this school has changed me. I used to be an average student academically, but now I am a suceeding student that gets honor-roll ever marking period since fourth grade, and has gotten accepted into Holy Family Academy school. If it wasn't for the amazing school and staff, I know I wouldnt be where I am today. I will miss this school dearly, but at least I know that the Midtown magic will forever stay in my heart. I recommend this school to everyone! Sincerely, a Midtown graduate of 2012

Posted October 24, 2011
This School is horrible, I wouldn't recommend it to ANYONE. They won't even let my responsible sibling carry his cell phone for emergency calls. This school is more of an investment for money than education for the children of our future leaders. If I were to recommend a school for your kids, it would be Mary J. Donohoe # 4 school. Anything else besides this school, I warned you.

Posted April 13, 2010
this is one school that goes above and beyond. my children have excelled because of the way this school comes together and cares for each child it might be a big school but each and every child is cared for and no one is forgotten.

Midtown Community No.8 Elementary School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
Midtown Community School is a diverse population and the Principal there is so in-tune with all students.

Midtown Community No.8 Elementary School
550 Avenue A, Bayonne, NJ  07002
Last modified Midtown Community No.8 Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Midtown Community No.8 Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top