Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Bayonne High School 3

Posted May 18, 2016
Big class size. Wonderful athletics. Some teachers are wonderful - others seem indifferent. Great facilities for sports, theater.

Posted April 26, 2016
The staff and overall management of this school is alright. However, the culture of the general student population is egregious. (Good luck finding a student that could define that word in bayonne high school.) I'm a senior graduating with the class of 2016. I can offer a good perspective on this high school because my first and last year here is coming to an end. I transferred here in september. Something rather shocking I've noticed is the horrendous lack of respect between students and from students to teachers. Sex, drugs, and fighting are glorified by students. The students do not care about their education. The teachers are not flawless either and I don't blame them considering what they have to work with on a daily basis. Many teachers drop grades and pass students on. Also the passing grade here is a 65 which I find sub-par. I have also witnessed obnoxious and blatant disregard for simple rules in the school. For example, a teacher makes it clear that you cannot use your cellphone in class. This is an accepted rule across the majority of educational institutions in the country. However this rule is constantly broken. If a student were to be reading a book rather than have their face glued to a screen, they would be the odd one out of the bunch. Attendance and tardiness is also another large issue. Students are constantly late to class, absent, or cut and there are not many repercussions. I have also noticed a lack of professionalism by some teachers towards their students. Some teachers readily partake in gossip with students and do not discipline them when they should. Please do not send your children here and if you do, do everything in your power to stop them from confirming to the hideous culture of bayonne high school. You would think that this would spend like a fun place to be if you were 15,16,17,18 years old, however it is the epitome of how you wouldn't want your children to grow up. Look elsewhere for a high school education.

Posted March 21, 2016
Do not send your children here unless they are going to be an honors student. Anyone else is thrown to the side and everyone who needs extra help will instead be placed in special Ed which prepares the students for jail basically. The have a teacher who currently works there who was caught sleeping with two students on school property and he's still at work smiling. That is just one pedofile who works there but definitely not the only one. There is metal detectors and when class gets out they literally stab each other and beat each other senseless. I live on the same block as this school and everyday have some sort of violent story to tell from what I see. Would never send my child here and unfortunately he is Caucasian so he will have no chance in that school and will be beat up just for being white. Sad and unfortunate

Posted December 06, 2014
Currently a sophomore. I absolutely hate this school. Most of the teachers truly do care, but it's not enough. All the school cares about is the honors students. They offer no help to children who need it. Absolutely no money goes to their "special needs" program. I've had a friend with a very painful disease and they went through hell trying to kick her out and make life worse for her because they just didn't want to spend money. They also try to kick kids in resource for no reason to get money. I've been a straight A student until I moved to this city and went to this high school. It made me want to kill myself, the kids who go here are the rudest most ignorant people I've ever seen. And if you ever need any help, even an allergy, you will have to go through so much work just to SPEAK with someone. And then they "won't know how to help". Invest in a private school or your child's life will change for the worst. I don't even get to eat lunch. Even though I have health issues and medical support. Worst school ever.

Posted September 15, 2014
I've been to so many different schools and this one truly is the best. Whoever is complaining about it will really know what I mean when they leave it.

Posted March 25, 2013
i like it. it is really great! i learn a lot in this school. this school help me a lot!

Posted June 13, 2012
Your child CANNOT go to school in Bayonne if you live in Jersey City. Since it's a public school and free, I also can't imagine what scholarship the prior poster is talking about.

Posted June 12, 2012
If me and my son lives in Jersey City, New Jersey how does my son apply?

Posted May 09, 2012
Yes you can apply even if you live in Jersey City. I live in Jersey City and my daughter was accepted there w/ a scholarship!

Posted May 31, 2011
This school offers many opportunities for motivated students. Your child will be challenged academically if they so choose to be.

Bayonne High School
669 Ave A, Bayonne, NJ  07002
Last modified Bayonne High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.