9-12 & Ungraded
Bayonne, NJ
Students enrolled: 2,597

Bayonne High School 1

Posted December 06, 2014
Currently a sophomore. I absolutely hate this school. Most of the teachers truly do care, but it's not enough. All the school cares about is the honors students. They offer no help to children who need it. Absolutely no money goes to their "special needs" program. I've had a friend with a very painful disease and they went through hell trying to kick her out and make life worse for her because they just didn't want to spend money. They also try to kick kids in resource for no reason to get money. I've been a straight A student until I moved to this city and went to this high school. It made me want to kill myself, the kids who go here are the rudest most ignorant people I've ever seen. And if you ever need any help, even an allergy, you will have to go through so much work just to SPEAK with someone. And then they "won't know how to help". Invest in a private school or your child's life will change for the worst. I don't even get to eat lunch. Even though I have health issues and medical support. Worst school ever.

Posted September 15, 2014
I've been to so many different schools and this one truly is the best. Whoever is complaining about it will really know what I mean when they leave it.

Posted March 25, 2013
i like it. it is really great! i learn a lot in this school. this school help me a lot!

Posted June 13, 2012
Your child CANNOT go to school in Bayonne if you live in Jersey City. Since it's a public school and free, I also can't imagine what scholarship the prior poster is talking about.

Posted June 12, 2012
If me and my son lives in Jersey City, New Jersey how does my son apply?

Posted May 09, 2012
Yes you can apply even if you live in Jersey City. I live in Jersey City and my daughter was accepted there w/ a scholarship!

Posted May 31, 2011
This school offers many opportunities for motivated students. Your child will be challenged academically if they so choose to be.

Bayonne High School 1

Posted April 16, 2011
the so called "adult night high school" offers handouts to 17-19 year students as a way to pass time rather than actually give them a lesson! The night program also turns away many students upon arriving and sometimes does not mark them IN. Allowing absences to build until the motivated young adult goes away., nice program...guess it was a way for them to get $$. They once told a teen who was trying to enter the program that he was trespassing...yes TRESPASSING. Extremely disappointed parent...

Posted June 18, 2010
Bayonne High School (BHS) is very large multi cultural school who's goal is to encourage students to strive in life and meet their goals. BHS has the tools and resources to be able to guide each and everyone of their students in the right direction due to their dedicated staff of teachers and multiple vice principals and especially their dedicated principal Richard Baccarella. Not only does BHS strive in academics but the school has an excellent athletic department. Their men and women's basketball teams are always ranked in the top 3 in Hudson County and even makes it all the way to the state playoffs, not to mention their competitive cheerleading team who won the National Championship. BHS also offers a variety of clubs which keep the students engaged in academics and forces them to work closely with their peers. Overall Bayonne High School is a successful school.

Posted September 16, 2009
Great spirit, lovely teachers and the best counselors.

Bayonne High School
669 Avenue A, Bayonne, NJ  07002
Last modified Bayonne High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bayonne High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top