PK-8 & Ungraded
Bayonne, NJ

Posted April 18, 2014
My child is an honor student at MJ. I think they are ok. She is learning. But sometimes it maybe just the minimum, I would have to compare curriculums with another sch. I do believe the teachers sometimes uses their authority just to hand out detentions over foolishness. There is a new principal. He is ok but I think he can handle some situations better. I think he got the job because of a relative. I believe he was a gym teacher before he started.

Posted February 23, 2014
Mary J Donahue school is a great school to teach our kids. The teachers work together to help all students. They have gone far and wide to make sure my kids get everything they need and more.

Mary J. Donohoe No. 4 Elementary School 4

Posted September 02, 2013
My daughter will be going into the first grade this year. She learned so much in kindergarten and if it's any measure of the rest of the grades, she'll be getting a very good education at Mary J. Her K teacher, Mrs.LoRe was excellent and my daughter enjoyed going to class every day.

Posted May 23, 2012
Great school I loved it when I was there I felt it didn't push me enough and the Principal is a little to strict

Posted May 17, 2012
so my child attends this school but i find that the teachers ad principal make very inappropriate comments to the children. The principal called a child names and her teacher told the class they were lucky she had 3 children to take care of because she wouldn't be teaching.. All because they couldn't answer some math problems. unprofessional.

Mary J. Donohoe No. 4 Elementary School 4

Posted April 30, 2012
this is a great school and has a marvelous staff and great teachers. my children are challenged to reach the full potential every day. and as far as discipline goes this school is very understanding for the most part.

Posted January 05, 2012
this school is ok.. my daughter is an honor student there so that's good. however, i find that the teachers are very petty and so is the principal. they try to micromanage the children too much. kids will make mistakes and they have to learn from them and i feel sometimes they go overboard.

Mary J. Donohoe No. 4 Elementary School 1

Posted January 03, 2012
that is the worst school in Bayonne. my daughter was at nursery day care three years for full time before she attend to this school and she has loved the school and the teacher and learned a lot on the other hand she is not happy moreover she does not want to go to the school . the teacher does not care about the kids as well as her job . for example she never challenges the kids and never checks the homework. i am going to move my daughter as soon as possible.please keep a way from that school.

Posted January 01, 2010
I'm a 6th grade student in Mary J. Donohoe School and have been here long enough to know that this is a wonderful school. The principal is firm and gives fair punishment, and she also has a very funny sense of humor. The teachers are very nice and fair. Not one teacher in the entire school has a reputation as a bad teacher or unfair. The school staff is very nice and is very helpful towards the students. Every student in the school is very welcome and generous. You don't have to worry about your child when in school. I receive great education from this lovely school and I know your child will too.

Posted March 03, 2009
Mary J. have been an exceptional school for my daughter who is in the 8th Grade. She transferred over to the school when she was in the 7th grade and Mary J. offered her so much more than HEH. Mary J. recognizes her speacial skills in education and in art

Mary J. Donohoe No. 4 Elementary School
38 Dodge Street, Bayonne, NJ  07002
Last modified Mary J. Donohoe No. 4 Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary J. Donohoe No. 4 Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top