Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

How much intergrity can be put into the work and the importance of education if they only have a 27% pass rate ?

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Mathematics only has a 33% pass rate how effective can the teachers be ? English only has a 27% pass rate. 75 % of children are failing . Is this acceptable for your child ?

Amount of homework: no rating

I will not neglect my childs educational needs by sending them to a horribly failing school .

Hello, Our children should not be forced into a failing school system. This school is in the bottom 30% in the state and has only a27%pass rate . That is completely unacceptable . Are you are also frustrated about the lack of response from the board of education on this huge problem? Everyday is a day lost for learning for our children in a failing school. Our children desrve better than this and we as parents must not allow our childrens best well being and quality of education be neglected.

As a student at this school I don't feel comfortable leaving to go to school every morning. My principal gives unnecessary punishments and is unprofessional. The staff is most irresponsible as well. The nurse will ignore me unless I have a fever or regurgitate. The lunch ladies often run out of food. They will also reprimand us if we have forgotten our lunch money and punish us further by making us wait twice as long on the lunch line before allowing us to eat. As for the school lunches, I have found mold and hair in my food more than once. I feel uncomfortable and under protected. My friend was punched by another student, twice, however none of the staff monitoring this period managed to notice. On this same day two high school boys stole the lock to the gate to the playground, which is just a large blacktop rectangle. There are many more things that make me uncomfortable about this school; but, if I were to list them all, this post would be multiple pages long!

This school is completely ill-equipped and inadequate for the task of teaching children anything. Despite the high amount of tax dollars that go to educational funding in this town, somehow this school lacks textbooks and frequently runs out of supplies. Most teachers do not seem to care about how or what their students are learning, and if a student is having a problem, will meet with the parents to say the student is not doing well but will offer no assistance or guidance whatsoever as to what can be done to help them achieve success. They simply throw it on the parents' lap and expect someone else to do their jobs for them. This will certainly be the last year my child attends this school! I would rather pay a huge tuition at a private school (and get a second job to afford it) than allow my child to continue going to this school and have him educationally stunted for life!

As a parent I don't agree with the principal's decisions and rules on how to treat the students. My child comes home many times complaining about the poor quality of his principal. She mistreats students by giving unnecessary punishments. She is mean and egotistical for putting down my son and his classmates and making them feel below. The principal was quality because his rules were more fair and treated students with respect. She makes her own decisions without informing students and parents. How she runs the school is a disgrace and I'm happy that my son will be transferring. DO NOT attend this school. Also the food is terrible and under cooked half the time.

This school is a disgrace. A few days ago I heard that the fourth grade had to wait on the lunch line until the lunch ladies finished cooking because they ran out of food in the cafeteria. Also my child is a A studend and is falling below because of the teachers not teaching and explaining correctly.I do not recommend this school at all.

I don't like this school, my 4th grade son never has homework, the teacher let them make in class, so it is not a homework. I am looking for a house in a better school system.

Some teachers have great compassion for there students but lack of resources I feel prevent them from doing more. Food wise I wish could be changed but parents need to connect and call the area food services director. The food is frozen then heated up but that is what the management of the area makes them cook. Parents need to band together and demand a Food Revolution. Do something about it. This new principal is professional but that is it.

Last modified Number 5 Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.