K-6 & Ungraded
Belleville, NJ

Posted May 28, 2013
As a parent I don't agree with the principal's decisions and rules on how to treat the students. My child comes home many times complaining about the poor quality of his principal. She mistreats students by giving unnecessary punishments. She is mean and egotistical for putting down my son and his classmates and making them feel below. The principal was quality because his rules were more fair and treated students with respect. She makes her own decisions without informing students and parents. How she runs the school is a disgrace and I'm happy that my son will be transferring. DO NOT attend this school. Also the food is terrible and under cooked half the time.

Posted April 04, 2012
This school is a disgrace. A few days ago I heard that the fourth grade had to wait on the lunch line until the lunch ladies finished cooking because they ran out of food in the cafeteria. Also my child is a A studend and is falling below because of the teachers not teaching and explaining correctly.I do not recommend this school at all.

Posted January 28, 2011
I don't like this school, my 4th grade son never has homework, the teacher let them make in class, so it is not a homework. I am looking for a house in a better school system.

Posted May 05, 2010
Some teachers have great compassion for there students but lack of resources I feel prevent them from doing more. Food wise I wish could be changed but parents need to connect and call the area food services director. The food is frozen then heated up but that is what the management of the area makes them cook. Parents need to band together and demand a Food Revolution. Do something about it. This new principal is professional but that is it.

Number 5 Elementary School 0

Posted November 09, 2009
I am a parent and is my second year in this school for one thing am glad they change the principal there still a lot of things that needs work in this school I still don't feel safe leaving my children in this school I don't feel they watch them properly. Would not recommend this school to anyone

Posted May 14, 2009
School #5 good for the click parents that claim it's good. Teachers are just doing a job, under staff, no secruity, and principal is too lay back. Students challenged, 'I don't think so.' No one concerned about these students future, they are just doing a job. Teachers are out the door before the students. I have witness how they speak to these kids, I was shock how some teachers are in these children faces. They should work on making space for the students and not overcrowding the classes with one teacher. Belleville residents pay enough taxes to extended the building on the school grounds and hire enough staff support. My children finish there homework in 15 minutes. Do you think that is enough teacher involvement?

Number 5 Elementary School 3

Posted April 16, 2009
3 stars - The school is okay, sometimes good. My daughter is very academically challenged, since the teachers assign so much school and homework. But the staff lacks compassion and genuine concern for students and parents. There had long been no before- and after-care programs, until February 2009 - when they finally added a before-care component to the inadequate after-care program. There also is no warmth exhibited by the principal. The teachers seem interested in merely assigning work, not emotionally connecting to individual children.

Number 5 Elementary School 0

Posted June 11, 2008
I have been nothing but disappointed with # 5. Especially with the new principal who was MY 5th grade teacher many years ago at #5. The lunches are still a disgrace, and the school itself has not changed in 35+ years when i went there. There isn't any before or after school help for those children who need that extra help in subjects. They just get looked down upon. You can beg a teacher until you're blue in the face to help, they can't be bothered. The lunch system is a TV dinner. These poor kids need healthy meals! Step up Belleville residents! Help these kids!

Number 5 Elementary School 5

Posted October 28, 2007
school 5 is the place to be, why you ask ! because we are a family and we all help one another. our PTA is one of the best around our teachers all care about our children. i couldn't ask for anything more thats why we are known to be a BLUE RIBBON SCHOOL.

Number 5 Elementary School 5

Posted June 10, 2007

Number 5 Elementary School
149 Adelaide St, Belleville, NJ  07109
Last modified Number 5 Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Number 5 Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top