Posted November 12, 2012
I just moved to Belleville and so far from what I have observed I think it was a mistake to enroll my kids in the Belleville school system. I have two kids one goes to school number 8 and the other one to the middle school. My daughter is in 4th grade I feel she brings home first grade level type of homework, I am disgusted. I don't feel there are preparing the kids for life, or bigger challenges. I hope the community starts open its eyes on this catastrophe that is taking place. a concerned father.

Posted July 06, 2012
MY daughter started her kindergarten in school #8. She never went to preschool.She didn't even speak English but now She is reading, writing and can believe it how much she learn. I'm really gratefull to the teacher Ms. Sacchiero.She really teached my daughter a lot and care all her student. She is a GREAT TEACHER!!!!!

Posted September 29, 2011
My son started this school in the middle of his 1st grade year. He was previously at Demarest in Bloomfield. At Demarest my son was doing very poorly in every aspect. He started at School #8 in Mrs. Devito's class and within 2 weeks I could see his reading improve, his writing improve, his attention span improve. I was amazed. Mrs Devito is an exceptional educator!!! He is now in the 4th grade and I am excited, He is doing excellent especially in Math. I see nothing but my son being a success at School #8 and I thank the teachers for making him so. My daughter is here now too. She cames out of kindergarden reading like she is in the 2nd grade and now she is in Mrs. Devito's class so I know things will only get better. The principal, the teachers and myself are working and fighting hard for my children and we are succeeding!!

Posted February 14, 2011
This school produces below average students. Some of the teaching staff play favorites, but when confronted, will always have an excuse ready. The administration strongly believes in 'passing the buck' a problem occurs, and the guidance staff have little knowledge about the students. they only promote the kids they feel is gifted and cares less about those that need teaching. I would not recommend any kids to go to Belleville Schools.

Posted January 13, 2010
OMG.. I give alot of credit to those teacher,couselor and everyone that work at school #8.They work hard with their student in need.Especially with my son that has ADHD and Ms.casson had help him so much.Ms Casson has something that teaches kids how to improve themself and give them the confidence to believe in themself. Thank You everyone in school number 8 i see the improvement on my son.

Posted December 03, 2008
Love this School(#8). Techers are awesome. Mr. Albanese, Ms. Casson, and Mrs. Delaney. Wow. My son has ADHD, School #8 quickly gave him the help he needed and my son has improved a lot since. Love this School. Thanks to everybody.

Posted August 23, 2005

Posted January 23, 2005

Posted April 21, 2004

Number 8 Elementary School
183 Union Ave, Belleville, NJ  07109
Last modified Number 8 Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Number 8 Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top