Bad
Good

Excelent teachers! It is the first time in NJ, the school is the best for me.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

My daughter and son attending this school. My daughter started in 2nd grade and just finished her 4th grade. 2nd and 3rd grade was tough for her because both teacher left early due to medical issues, which is fine but the kids were left with many different subs and it seemed like a "party" time. My daughter is an A-B student now after 4th grade. (Mr G) is the best teacher she said she ever had and I could tell because she wanted to do all the work plus more! My son started in K, and completed 1st grade. He had wonderful teachers. His K teacher taught him how to read well and his 1st grade teacher Mrs Devito was the best! She provided structure for the children and taught them well! A lot of the issues I had with the school came from the past principal. Mrs Cardona has made great changes to the school within the last two years. I didnt have any academic complaints for 2014-2015 school year. One thing that I feel they can do better at is communication to parents. Since my children were doing fine with there grades, we didn't get parent teacher meetings. I still want to know how my child is doing and what else I can look for to help them and parent teachers meetings help that. I moved out of Belleville so my kids wont go there anymore but I believe the school is on its way up!

Its amazing how things change over the years. My daughter graduated from this school in 2008. I thought it was a fairly decent school then. But know my son attends this school and what a difference. A parent stated in a below review that the Principal is always busy and never available for parents. Well, from what I can see she is only available for a certain type of parent. If your not of Hispanic Decent, you can forget it. The staff is always available for them. They hold their hands for everything. As far as books, I don't think the school has books at all. All School work and Homework is Worksheets. An poor ones at that. There not copied properly, half of the school work is cut of the paper. Horrible! You can't have information faxed to the school Nurse because the fax machine or computers are never working. The teachers are very Petty and Lazy, they complain about every little thing. Miserable! I confident that this will be my son's last year at this school.

This school is all over the place. We have been through 3 principals in 3 years. No structure, all they want is money.The computers are not working and the phones either.They don't have updated text books for kids and the teachers have to print out worksheets from online textbooks. You can never speak with the principal she is always busy. Few good teachers but the overall rating of this school is horrible

I just moved to Belleville and so far from what I have observed I think it was a mistake to enroll my kids in the Belleville school system. I have two kids one goes to school number 8 and the other one to the middle school. My daughter is in 4th grade I feel she brings home first grade level type of homework, I am disgusted. I don't feel there are preparing the kids for life, or bigger challenges. I hope the community starts open its eyes on this catastrophe that is taking place. a concerned father.

MY daughter started her kindergarten in school #8. She never went to preschool.She didn't even speak English but now She is reading, writing and can believe it how much she learn. I'm really gratefull to the teacher Ms. Sacchiero.She really teached my daughter a lot and care all her student. She is a GREAT TEACHER!!!!!

My son started this school in the middle of his 1st grade year. He was previously at Demarest in Bloomfield. At Demarest my son was doing very poorly in every aspect. He started at School #8 in Mrs. Devito's class and within 2 weeks I could see his reading improve, his writing improve, his attention span improve. I was amazed. Mrs Devito is an exceptional educator!!! He is now in the 4th grade and I am excited, He is doing excellent especially in Math. I see nothing but my son being a success at School #8 and I thank the teachers for making him so. My daughter is here now too. She cames out of kindergarden reading like she is in the 2nd grade and now she is in Mrs. Devito's class so I know things will only get better. The principal, the teachers and myself are working and fighting hard for my children and we are succeeding!!

This school produces below average students. Some of the teaching staff play favorites, but when confronted, will always have an excuse ready. The administration strongly believes in 'passing the buck' a problem occurs, and the guidance staff have little knowledge about the students. they only promote the kids they feel is gifted and cares less about those that need teaching. I would not recommend any kids to go to Belleville Schools.

OMG.. I give alot of credit to those teacher,couselor and everyone that work at school #8.They work hard with their student in need.Especially with my son that has ADHD and Ms.casson had help him so much.Ms Casson has something that teaches kids how to improve themself and give them the confidence to believe in themself. Thank You everyone in school number 8 i see the improvement on my son.

Love this School(#8). Techers are awesome. Mr. Albanese, Ms. Casson, and Mrs. Delaney. Wow. My son has ADHD, School #8 quickly gave him the help he needed and my son has improved a lot since. Love this School. Thanks to everybody.

Last modified Number 8 Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.