K-5 & Ungraded
Bergenfield, NJ

Posted March 21, 2015
This schools provides a warm welcoming learning environment. The school recently added a gym, cafeteria, and additional classrooms. The principal is awesome and the students love to come to this school.

Posted March 21, 2015
This school might be the best kept secret in town. The school has so much to offer the students. My kids have benefited from going to this school.

Hoover Elementary School 2

Posted July 11, 2012
Teachers are ok, but there is so much that the school lacks.... Hoover School has an ok academic program, children can excel. However, there is no ESL learning class, your child will have to be sent to another school for that. The school does not have a gym, cafeteria or auditorium, the fact that the children have to eat their lunch in the classroom as well as have gym there (if the weather is not good). The resources available to the children are very limited. A majority of the parents do not speak English, so there is a low parental involvement, which affects the support of the parents. Not to mention, the current principal is horrible, she is not interactive with the students or the parents, she just sits in her office.

Posted March 26, 2012
The smallest elementary school in Bergenfield, Hoover school gave me the attention that I needed as a student. My family moved to America when I was 4 years old, so I was not great at English. The ESL and Speech classes helped me greatly and I had straight A's in all my subjects by 5th grade, which boosted me to advance classes in middle school and so forth. This school was also given the Governor's School of Excellence award in 2004-2005.

Hoover Elementary School 0

Posted October 26, 2009
Hoover School is one of the well managed educational institutions that I've encountered with so far. Having 3 daughters in a school with all of them performing at a higher level tells a lot, eventhough I personally do a lot with them at home. The staff is so accommodating and responds to students needs with such a high degree of care and excellence. Governor's School Of Excellence 2004/2005 is no mean feat. Lift high the flag of Hoover...'Hoovans we are, and Hoovans we shall ever be'. Bravo.

Hoover Elementary School 1

Posted February 11, 2009
Staff are not accommodating. Also, with their school mission saying '...Many faces from different places will learn, grow and respect each one's differences...' They don't even keep this mission.

Hoover Elementary School
273 Murray Hill Terrace, Bergenfield, NJ  07621
Last modified Hoover Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hoover Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top