6-8 & Ungraded
Bergenfield, NJ

Roy W Brown Middle School 1

Posted April 20, 2015
Oh gosh.. where do I start? First, the lunch. The lunch smells HORRIBLE! It's all frozen and unhealthy. Next, the gym floor is FILTHY! Since they added lunch stations for hot and cold food, there's less space in the cafeteria. So, they added lunch tables in the gym. There's crumbs everywhere! (Plus they use a dirty rag to clean tables so it's disgusting). So, once gym class starts and we're doing push ups, sit ups, etc, we're basically covered in crumbs. Plus the walls smell horrible, like a dirty bathroom.. There's also cockroaches and centipedes on the walls..nice. Another thing to mention is that we have around 24 minutes for lunch. That's barely any time. We don't even go outside for recess. In conclusion, this school is horrible. Pretty sure the only reason why I have horrible anxiety is because of this school.

Posted March 21, 2015
We love Roy Brown MS. The teachers are excellent. They have wonderful music, athletic, and extracurricular activities. My children have benefited from their years at RWB.

Posted March 21, 2015
My kids have done very well at this school. The staff has been great. Our kids are involved in several activities and love them.

Posted March 21, 2015
This school has provided my son with a great education. RWB has a middle school sports program that many other towns do not have and they have a great facility. They do offer a reading incentive program at lunch. We need to do everything we can to encourage today's children to read books. The cafeteria as renovated this past summer and extra seating capacity was added to ease the crowding.

Roy W Brown Middle School 2

Posted December 10, 2013
This school is not bad. Great teachers and a very nice library. However the administration is rubblish. They are no help what-so-ever. If you ever lose something, they barely care. Not only that, but they have a lost and found bin in room 216. IT'S A COMPLETE MESS! All they do is just throw the things on a desk and shove things in a shelf. As for the cafeteria.. it's horrendous. The room is packed and it is flithy. I feel bad for the custodian. But the timing to eat.. terrible. ONLY 20 MINUTES TO EAT AND 20 MINUTES TO READ OR DO MATH. How dumb. If you're coming to this school i'd suggest finding another

Roy W Brown Middle School 1

Posted December 03, 2012
This school is fine for learning and the teachers (well, most of them) that I have had are great. However: The administration is TERRIBLE - they are all RUDE, and none of them are afraid to yell at the students. And - WHAT is up with lunch!? 20 minutes to eat and then 20 minutes to READ? That is insanity - I can't wait for high school.

Posted March 26, 2012
Out of all the Bergenfield schools, I performed the best academically in this middle school. The whole school district has a prestigious music department. Academically, it's not a bad school as some may say since many students here were accepted to Bergen Academies which is one of the top 10 high schools in the entire country. My teachers were always on top with the student's schoolwork. Most of the complaints coming from parents and students is the administration, which really needs to improve since this has always been a huge ongoing issue. The only trouble I've had was arriving school 5 minutes late and getting detention for it, which I thought was unfair. But I can understand that some of the students are a nuisance. The facilities need renovation and possibly fund for some extensions.

Posted February 08, 2012
why ya peaple hating ma school....its not like there are lots of middle school in bergenfield, itz the only one in a area that scored 2 BEST AREA TO RAISE A KID so yea its crowded but only weird kids get tested to see if they want to be ur friend like siresly ppl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted January 07, 2012
My child started here in September. I was concerned because of what I've heard, but..the work is challenging, she loves her classes, loves her teachers, and has been getting all As. According to her, the only problem is that the halls are very crowded between classes, but what are you going to do? She gets to class on time. I go to PA meetings and there are 10 parents there, in a school with 900 kids. that is so bizarre to me. Kids are friendly, teachers are accessible and GREAT at posting grades in a timely manner to Infinite Campus. Very pleasantly surprised with RWB.

Roy W Brown Middle School 2

Posted September 26, 2011
THIS SCHOOL IS OKAY. The teachers, students are okay. But the administrarive office is horrible. If you get in triuble, you are never proven innocent. They don't get much witnesses. They just get the people who are invovled with it.The only thing that i like is the music department. It has great teachers and nice equipment. Even I'm in it and half the school is in it too. We also have interesting instruments the athor districts don't have such as the Barisax. Also the renovated the school a bit. The bathromms are new.

Roy W Brown Middle School
130 S Washington Ave, Bergenfield, NJ  07621
Last modified Roy W Brown Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roy W Brown Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top