Berlin, NJ

Posted December 18, 2014
My daughter is currently a 3rd grader at OLMC, and this is her first year attending the school. My husband and I can not be happier with the education she is receiving, as well as the school environment as a whole. We live in Berlin, but it's apart of Winslow School District, and it only took my daughter attending Winslow for 3 weeks when we moved last year to know that it would not be in her best interest to attend Winslow for the new school year. We thought it was a no brainer to send her to OLMC, as that has been my parish since I was a child and my children were all baptized there. All the teachers have been tough, something that is new to my daughter BUT they are loving and push her to excel and become the best at whatever she is doing. She has progressed tremendously in just these past 4 months, and I was concerned she'd be behind public schools academically, but she is actually leaps and bounds ahead of kids we know her age. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for an alternative to public school or just in general. We could not be an happier with choosing to send our baby girl to OLMC!!

Our Lady Of Mt Carmel School 2

Posted August 17, 2014
I went to OLMC since first grade. In the beginning I love it!!! But then they changed principals. The new teachers are bad and the old ones are getting cranking. From silently lunches to scaring students with SARS (student action reports) this school is not the same as it was back then. Once having us carry around SARS and taking them out every class to remind us of what we would get if we even breathed wrong! A classmate of mine got one for not having a red pen when the teacher had red pens on her desk!!! And the same teacher had us read milkweed in an "interactive" way by giving us tags with a triangle representing if we were Jewish, a work evader, ect. And we had numbers on are tags that she called us by. Yet again the same teacher accused my class of stealing her phone and Papers when they were both on her desk! And then the music teacher! Don't get me started! She had silent lunches, told students to shut up (also in class and once in church) The Spanish teacher doesn't know how of teacher, the language teacher talks more about her family then teaches as well as has an interactive reading of a book about the holocaust, the music teacher is rude, the principal does nothing!

Posted January 13, 2014
Mrs McVeigh is a great addition to the specials staff with over 30 years if Spanish teaching experience.

Our Lady Of Mt Carmel School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
Mrs Heister, the advanced math teacher is second to none. She is by far one of the most caring, intelligent, disciplined teachers I have ever had the priveledge of knowing. She is the strongest asset in this school.

Our Lady Of Mt Carmel School 1

Posted March 27, 2013
I thought highly of this school until an incident with my son in which a teacher put his safety at risk, and which I witnessed. I informed the principal of this and while he apologized, nothing was done to the teacher, in fact her arrogance was such she said she didn't care if the principal was told. The teachers here dictate to the principal. There is NO advocate for the children. Your children will not be protected.

Posted February 13, 2013
My Grandaughter started OLMC this October in 6th grade. We could no be more pleased with everything. The teacher, students and facility have welcomed her with open arms, and she is doing wonderful. We LOVE OLMC!

Posted December 07, 2009

Our Lady Of Mt Carmel School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
This is the school of my parisha and the children are getting a great education from the school. They have caring people educating them because they really care about the children and it's not just a job for them. Here we can keep GOD in the school. This is a major problem with the public school system. We need to get GOD back in the schools. For some children this is the only way they learn how to pray.

Our Lady Of Mt Carmel School 0

Posted November 13, 2008
I also have had a bad experince with olmc. I have to say the teacher was great, but the principal did not have the patients or the care to understand my childs needs. All she would say to me was this is not working and there is defiently something wrong with your child. I was very disapointed with the principal, all she wanted was my child out of the school. I am glad my child does not attens OLMC.

Our Lady Of Mt Carmel School 3

Posted August 31, 2008
OLMC is a very strong academic elementary school. It's strength comes from building healthy, responsible, family oriented students as well as many parents being involved. However, they're Jr. High program is a work in progress. Unfortunately, being a private school that does not get as much state/federal funding as a public school, it cannot compete with the public middle school system when it comes to activities and electives (minor courses). But, I cannot deny that a student who graduates from OLMC will be more than prepared academically for High School.

Our Lady Of Mt Carmel School
1 North Cedar Avenue, Berlin, NJ  08009
Last modified Our Lady Of Mt Carmel School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Mt Carmel School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top