Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My children are thrilled to attend school each and every day! Such a happy place with the most caring involved teachers, staff and parents. This is a great school, great community and has been a fantastic experience!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No because it does the complete opposite. I have personally seen and heard it myself, unfortunately.

Hi, im going to be brutally honest here. This school lacks sooo much. For starters a lot of the parents are stuck up, ridiculously full of their delusional ego's and have a love for passing why the school and whole town is going downhill. "Bernardsville" is a brand that with time will surpass what thought was before and come with what is really is in reality. Don't believe me? Spend a weekend in this town.

My son transferred to Bedwell in 2 nd grade from a private school. It was a wonderful transition and a breath of fresh air. not sure what some of the previous reviews are talking about, it is a perfect sized school with around 100 students per grade. It's a wonderful community and great school System.

Transferred here from one of the supposedly great local private schools. Bedwell is a breadth of fresh air and my son couldn't be happier. His teacher is awesome and he loves going to school everyday. Great to be around local families too.

We left our town because of the terrible teaching etethics, and after much research found Bedwell. Words can not express how wonderful our experience has been. He now runs out of the house every morning just to get to school early. The environment is one of kindness, respect, and high value of their peers. The first week of him being at school he came home to inform me of the "buddy bench", which is where a child sits if he has no one to play with, and others will invite them to play and that he had sat there earlier in the week with success. The parental involvement is outstanding. Not only are they there to aid the teachers, butthat's help events go above and beyond the norm. The teachers, parents, faculty are all there for one reason. To educate these children. Not only through books, but through humanity. After working in a very prestigious private school for 10 years, I can honestly say this school meets those standards without even trying.

We're happy with our children attending Bedwell Elementary School. We've moved from Brazil in February 2013 and our Kids educational journey has been great. Go Strong Bedwell.

Bedwell is the definition of a great elementary school. The culture and climate is positive among the students and teachers. The committed staff is focused on student achievement and strong curriculum programs are in place.

Had high hopes, and even moved to the area for this school when it had a great rating of 9. I was appalled. Particularly shocked by what seemed to be rampant bullying and a culture of striving for average alongside a lack of action by the school. We were seeking an environment that optimized stellar academics & personal character to build a foundation for future success. Year over year, Bedwell consistently seemed to groom other qualities and fell short on our expectations. After several years of hoping the next year would be better, we made the hard decision to move to another school. We are so lucky we found the environment we desired for our children elsewhere (as did many other families that left), but unfortunate we had to leave Bedwell to do it. This is a massive school and I'm sure optimizing the environment is tough to do. I wish Bedwell luck.

I am a grandmother who has attended numerous events and activities at Bedwell and am very impressed with the school, staff and positive learning atmosphere I have observed with my three grandchildren. As a former Board of Education member and President (New Providence) I recognize the outstanding qualities that are necessary to make up a successful school system! Thanks for offering my grandchildren such a wonderful experience. Joan Figlar

Last modified Bedwell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.