9-12 & Ungraded
Bloomfield, NJ

Posted January 09, 2014
I am a BHS graduate from 1980 and I my first child graduated last year in the top 6% of the class, and my second will graduate this year in the top 20%. There have been many change since I went through the system, and most part they have been for the better. In the last 10 years a new state of the art science wing was added to the high school, and many if not all of the other schools had major improvements done. There are plenty of clubs, sports & music programs available to choose from. There is always room for improvement in any school system, but if you want your child to succeed here, or anywhere, the parents need to be involved.

Bloomfield High School 2

Posted August 23, 2009
The school itself is, i suppose, good, but it lacks languages and club activities. The only languages available are Latin, Spanish, Frech, and Italian. In the future, our generation will need to know Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and definitely Arabic. This does disappoint me, being forced to take languages I'm not at all interested in or already speak. More of the school budget should go into the language department.

Posted July 23, 2009
I am currently a freshman-going on-sophomore at Bloomfield High School and I love it here. The environment is very nice and the academics here are very rigorous. I was a straight A student before I reached the high school where I finally felt challenged in what I was learning. Attending this school really has prepared me to the future and what life is going to be outside the protected high school environment. I love it here and I highly recommend any apprehensive parent to send their child here.

Bloomfield High School 0

Posted May 17, 2009
I am currently a sophomore at BHS and I love it. The things most parents are concerned about are the people and crowding. For me as a girl, it is not really crowded. Because of the schedules they give you, the halls aren't crowded. The students there are like any other group of students. You have trouble makers, and you have the good kids. If you know your child already hangs out with the wrong group of kids, they are most likely going to be involved in some drama, if you have quiet kids, no one will bother them. The principal really cracked down on fights because now if you get into one, you are suspended for 2 weeks and cannot do any school activities for the rest of the year and have your prom taken away. So now there aren't any fights.

Posted April 26, 2009
Currently, I am a freshman at BHS and it is really a great school. People love to complain, but I love all my teachers, there are a lot of good extra-curriculars, class is challenging, and the staff goes out of their way to get an extremely diverse student body to treat eachother with respect and actually benefit from the diversity. A lot of my middle school friends were afraid of gangs, a low standard of education, and a nasty-looking school, so they went to private school instead. I seriously feel bad for them because, frankly, BHS is the exact opposite. All the students are genuinely nice and just great people. I had the grades to go to pretty much any private school, but, looking back, I doubt any of them could've been nearly as good.

Posted March 22, 2009
I have two kids who are now at the high school who greatly benefitted from going through the public system here. I know the school have prepared them for the colleges of their choosing, they gleefully work overtime at their extracurricula activities, which range from sport and music to theater and academic teams. The thoroughly enjoy the cultural diversity of the school so they will be comfortable in the diverse work world they will enter. Can the school system improve? Of course. And that's what teachers and administators are working on every day.

Posted January 29, 2009

Bloomfield High School 1

Posted September 07, 2008

Posted August 07, 2008

Posted December 24, 2007
The school is what you make it. My child is a junior and loves it. Top 5% honor roll student involved in band, orchestra, key club. Her friends are the same. We have NEVER felt uncomfortable there regarding safety. There are bad apples at the most prestigious schools. Comments have been made about the change in diversity there. The world is diverse, I am glad that she has the opportunity to be there. Parents are involved, teachers try and we all know it takes the team of both to make it work. BHS has BENGAL PRIDE!

Bloomfield High School
160 Broad Street, Bloomfield, NJ  07003
Last modified Bloomfield High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bloomfield High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top