Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I currently have a 7th grade daughter attending BMS. My daughter was hesitant, at first, upon entering the middle school. To be honest, so was I. However, my daughter quickly transitioned. This is due to the skilled and intuitive staff. The principal is more than open to having conversations, as I've had a few to keep in touch with my daughter's academic progress. The staff truly cares about the student's social, emotional, and academic experience.

We moved into the district when my daughter was entering 7th grade. She knew noone at the school, and there are a LOT of children there. Her teachers and the staff were all very attentive. Whenever I've called with a question or concern, they've either answered the phone personally, or called me back within the day. My daughter's team teachers understand 7th graders--they mix the academics with fun and creativity; my daughter is thoroughly enjoying her year, and I couldn't be happier.

It's great! I had mixed feelings when my son first started school in September, but he is doing wonderful.

I am a parent that my daughter attended this school. I am Honored to say that Bloomfield middle school is a great place to learn. My daughters grade was outstanding with A's and B's but mostly A's. she enjoyed this school as well as her Teachers, they all dedicated them selfs very well. The teachers should be very proud of themselves and the office administration should as well. As a parent I would like to take this time and say Thank You and continue to dedicate to your new students they are our Future for the years to come. Sincerely, Robert Krupinski

I am amazed at the number of students every marking quarter who are placed on the honor roll. More than 50 % of the students earn a place on the high honor or honor roll; how is that possible given their performance on national testing and certainly the performance on the SAT is lacking when they reach the high school. It appears that A's and B's are given very freely to keep everyone happy. The school is not doing anyone any favors by making academic life easy for the students and fooling parents into believing their child is performing at a level that may not be true.

ESL classes so GOOD! friendly atmosphere in the classroom, the teachers are great. My daughter loved it! Thanks!

The curriculum at BMS is aimed squarely at the lower middle. If your child is advanced, he/she will be BORED. There is no differentiated instruction. Kids that "get it" just have to wait for everyone else in the class to catch up. The Gifted & Talented program for advanced students meets for only one period every other day. It is not nearly enough to prepare these kids for the advanced honors classes at the high school. The attitude of the administration is "your child is smart, he/she will do fine" in high school. At least 2 days per week my child has NO homework at all. Additionally, the communication is terrible and the website is awful. Emails and voice mails to staff are not returned.

bloomfield middle school has what it takes to provide a safe and inspirational environment for a great education. The staff is great and the administration is very serious. Principal leadership is the best. The school may be a little old but the staff is fresh and armed with new ideas to teach.

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent, This is a great school. Way to go.........Students, teachers, and principal you are great!

My son graduated last year from BMS and enjoyed his time there. My daughters are going to the school next year. I would love to see the middle school bring back sports for 7th and 8th graders.

Last modified Bloomfield Middle School is a Public school