7-8 & Ungraded
Bloomfield, NJ

Posted April 29, 2014
It's great! I had mixed feelings when my son first started school in September, but he is doing wonderful.

Posted August 22, 2013
I am a parent that my daughter attended this school. I am Honored to say that Bloomfield middle school is a great place to learn. My daughters grade was outstanding with A's and B's but mostly A's. she enjoyed this school as well as her Teachers, they all dedicated them selfs very well. The teachers should be very proud of themselves and the office administration should as well. As a parent I would like to take this time and say Thank You and continue to dedicate to your new students they are our Future for the years to come. Sincerely, Robert Krupinski

Bloomfield Middle School 2

Posted July 23, 2013
I am amazed at the number of students every marking quarter who are placed on the honor roll. More than 50 % of the students earn a place on the high honor or honor roll; how is that possible given their performance on national testing and certainly the performance on the SAT is lacking when they reach the high school. It appears that A's and B's are given very freely to keep everyone happy. The school is not doing anyone any favors by making academic life easy for the students and fooling parents into believing their child is performing at a level that may not be true.

Posted July 22, 2013
ESL classes so GOOD! friendly atmosphere in the classroom, the teachers are great. My daughter loved it! Thanks!

Bloomfield Middle School 2

Posted June 04, 2013
The curriculum at BMS is aimed squarely at the lower middle. If your child is advanced, he/she will be BORED. There is no differentiated instruction. Kids that "get it" just have to wait for everyone else in the class to catch up. The Gifted & Talented program for advanced students meets for only one period every other day. It is not nearly enough to prepare these kids for the advanced honors classes at the high school. The attitude of the administration is "your child is smart, he/she will do fine" in high school. At least 2 days per week my child has NO homework at all. Additionally, the communication is terrible and the website is awful. Emails and voice mails to staff are not returned.

Posted May 20, 2013
bloomfield middle school has what it takes to provide a safe and inspirational environment for a great education. The staff is great and the administration is very serious. Principal leadership is the best. The school may be a little old but the staff is fresh and armed with new ideas to teach.

Posted January 26, 2011
Excellent, Excellent, Excellent, This is a great school. Way to go.........Students, teachers, and principal you are great!

Bloomfield Middle School 3

Posted March 08, 2010
My son graduated last year from BMS and enjoyed his time there. My daughters are going to the school next year. I would love to see the middle school bring back sports for 7th and 8th graders.

Bloomfield Middle School 0

Posted March 07, 2010
my daughter is in her first year at bloomfield middle school and so far she has done very well, she loves all her teachers for the most part and really has no negative feelings.. she got 11 A'S on her report card so we are proud for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!.. I don't know of any school without issues and I do hope if any issues arrise in the future they will be addressed... the staff seem very nice and seem to run a tight ship. If a locker is the biggest problem in the school , we should be happy!!!!!!!!

Posted October 29, 2009
cause there teachers make learning fun its also a very big heartwarming school

Bloomfield Middle School
60 Huck Road, Bloomfield, NJ  07003
Last modified Bloomfield Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bloomfield Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top