K-6 & Ungraded
Bloomfield, NJ

Posted April 11, 2014
The teachers and other staff work hard and clearly care about the students. The principal is very smart, warm and engaging, but is also no-nonsense and runs the school in an organized manner. My children have been very happy at Fairview and are getting a good education there.

Posted November 01, 2011
This is my first year in this school and I absolutly love it! Everyone is great, The principal Mr. D. is incredible he is very involved with all the students/parents he really seems to care. The teachers as well. All the parents that I have gotten to know are great and seem really interested in there childs progress. Over all great school, great staff and feels like we are all family.

Posted April 20, 2011
This is a title I school that has been meeting APY. The staff is outstanding, the principal does a really good job of being involved, communicative and in touch. He has no vice principal and it is a fairly large school with over four hundred students. Considering the resources and challenges we have I would say this school is excellent. Our home and school association functions well and the school is proactive in watching out for bullying and taking strides toward prevention. We have a new guidance counselor who is also very involved and friendly and I have two fourth graders in the school and soon one in K. Overall I like the school, it feels homey and friendly and the teachers are well educated by and large. Would I love to see more funding? More after school programs? a cafeteria, yeah I would, but educators make the school and at least we are rich in that.

Posted September 23, 2010
The staff are genuinely caring and are good people. The parents are truely concerned and giving of their time.

Posted September 22, 2010
The staff is awesome. They truly care for the students.

Posted September 22, 2010
My children attended there. Very fond memories of the staff and HSA.

Fairview Elementary School 4

great teachers, solid principal

Posted September 21, 2010
Test scores truly don't tell the whole story. The teachers, staff, and families at Fairview School are amazing and dedicated. My son didn't want to leave for middle school!

Posted September 21, 2010
Great community! Parent involvement is amazing! Teachers, staff, employees out of this world!!!!!

Posted November 10, 2009
Great School.. everyone from the Principal, Mr. D to all the staff are great and dedicated. Home & School Parent Involvement is wonderful, and my son loves it. Glad that my son can attend such a wonderful school.

Fairview Elementary School
376 Berkeley Avenue, Bloomfield, NJ  07003
Last modified Fairview Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairview Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top