Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son has learn a lot a this school. Bogota schools are the best. I wish every school in Bergen County became like Bogota Schools. The after schools program is amazing the stuff personal wonderful.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school absolutely focuses on developing these traits in the students. The principal has created a "Citizen of the Month" program with a different theme every month (which have included all of those listed). Kids are recognized by their teachers and peers for exhibiting good character and it's working.

I have two kids in Steen over the last 5 years, and they have had a great experience at Steen School. They have had great teachers who are willing to provide extra help if needed, as well as provide more challenging work for specific students if it's required. The teachers are willing to devote personal time to many school activities, like Science Night, Student-Faculty games, Garden Club, Talent Show, etc. They also organize a "Week of the Arts" which is a week of assemblies and workshops to promote the arts. All of these events are also supported by a very active parent group. Like anywhere else, there are some parents that don't get involved, but for the most part the parents here do participate. There has been some turnover in administration, but the teachers have helped to ensure a smooth transition. If you only look at test scores you may be a little disappointed, but if you are interested in an all around good education for your child, Steen is a great school.

My 2 children have been going to Steen since kindergarten. I absolutely love this school. The teachers invest a lot to our children. They are available for extra help before and after school on a regular basis. They do not run out of the building once the bell rings. There are also SO MANY extra programs in and out of the school to help with any academic or social issue your child has. The teachers plan a Garden Club, Spelling Bee, Geography Bee, Bucket fillers, Talent Show, Student vs. Faculty games, Week of the Arts and so much more. The district just purchased 30 Chrome books and will purchase an additional 30 in the up coming months. There are Smart Boards in every classroom. We had a tough time the last few years with new principles, but the staff and faculty ensured a smooth transition. It really annoys me when I hear people putting down the Bogota School System. I've lived in this town for 14 years. And people have no idea how great the schools are. For such a small town, we have 3 public schools, 1 Catholic school and at least 2 preschools. That's a TON of kids. Proud to say, I love the Bogota School system. My kids are thriving.

i have 2 kids now in school teachers are very dedicated to all students , principal have make lot of efforts to make all efforts to take this school to next level , parents and teachers have PTO meeting around the years , so it is really help full to see each child progress hoping in future this school have more quality education from owner N J Royal car and limo Service L L C BOGOTA NJ

This school is full of teachers that are mean to children and promote behaviors such as telling and showing off just to name a few . The front office help is not very helpful . I would not recommend this school to any parent I if you want a child that is prepared for junior high and state tests

My children have attended Steen School since Kindergarden now I have one in 7th and one in 5th grade, both my children have thrived at Steen School, Many of the teachers are wonderful loving teachers. They give each child a wonderful outlook on life and prepare them for things that happen in everyday life. Loving atmosphere and the new Principal is wonderful very calm demere speaks gently and is tough but very fair. The children love her.

Since my two children have been in Steen I have seen many changes. Each year I've seen improvements. Both my children have had problems reading, the teachers notice this problem right away and brought it to my attention. They worked with my children to develop a plan to help my them. My children have gotten the extra help and special attention that they needed. And as a result I've seen a great change in my child's reading and in their attitude towards school. They are more confident which comes from the encouragement and praise from their teacher and us. Children grealty need the support of their parents to get involve in school and their studies. Steen school encourages parents participating in the childs academic life. Each teacher my children has had have been passionate about the work they do. This can be seen in the faces of many children which attend Steen.

Steen School is a wonderful place to have your children the Teachers and support staff are amazing they work together as a team. These teachers and staff dress for success and the Principal always wears his tie and the children emulate him. Manners are a must Steen has a very active PTO who strive to improve the school, kids are happy and well behaved.

The School have really good teachers and for this reason kids learn how to think when they do their homework.I'm really happy with Steen School

Last modified Lillian M. Steen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.