K-6 & Ungraded
Brick Town, NJ

Posted September 04, 2012
We love drum point. Our son adjusted immediately from another school district after we moved mid year. His teacher was amazing. This year our son will continue to thrive in this school. All the teachers and staff are welcoming and willing to answer all your questions. Good luck to all this school year. We are happy to be here.

Posted April 27, 2010
I love this school! I have not 1 bad thing to say about drum point... after paying for private school for 2 years and going through hell. Drum Point and the staff there are the meaning of school.. i love my daughter teacher!

Posted December 17, 2009

Posted December 02, 2009
I love this school so much and my child is extremely happy here. The teachers have been wonderful, and the principal has done a great job!

Posted April 21, 2009
The administration is overly punitive and in dire need of some education in modern child psychology. The teachers are very good but overworked; advanced children are combined in classrooms with children in need of extra help, so they have to essentially teach to two different audiences, therefore hindering the progress of both. There is very limited lunchroom and recess supervision, which puts the children at risk of being hurt. I had to leave the district mid-year, which I did not want to do, but felt it was the better choice.

Posted April 08, 2009
My son started this school 4 months ago. He came in at above average in reading and math. In the 4 months, his reading average went from 77 wpm to 66 and his math skills have fallen drastically. I'm looking into a private school that will foster his learning rather than hinder it.

Posted September 03, 2008
my daughter attends drum point elementary and i think theschool is wonderful the teachers are great and theycare about the students they do so many things with the children i thinkthats wonderful

Posted May 29, 2008
I Think Drum Point Road School is heading into a bright future. The new principal is dedicated and has some great new ideas for our children. The world tour that is going on right now is amazing!

Drum Point Road Elementary School 3

Posted August 22, 2006
- a former student
Drum Point is a pretty good school for a public elementary school. The teachers are mostly great. If you are a very advanced child, you won't be too challenged no matter which class you're put in. Teachers will also repeat things for the less advanced students but, if you're smart this can make class quite boring.

Posted May 28, 2006
Last year we moved out of brick and were sad to leave. When my son got to his new school we found out that he was reading at a k level! he was going into 2nd grade. We were shocked at this information. We hadn't been informed that he was behind in reading. I thought this school was great! he was very happy and the teacher was very nice. The district failed my child and it took all of 2nd grade in his new school to bring him up to speed. He also struggled with punctuation because he had not been exposed enough to it in k or 1st grade. The other children in his new school were ahead by a lot. I was sad to realize that brick school district was behind in education. Something i wouldn't have realized if we had not moved to a different town.

Drum Point Road Elementary School
41 Drum Point Rd, Brick Town, NJ  08723
Last modified Drum Point Road Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Drum Point Road Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top