No rating

Life Center Academy

Private | PK-12 | 345 students

Living in Burlington

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $183,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,040.

Sweep tile

Posted yesterday

Doesn't properly prepare you for life after graduation. Education is sub-par especially in science. Too focused on religious activities and not enough on education.

Posted August 31, 2011

The worse school ever! I went to LCA at it's inception and feel robbed of a good education foundation. Thank God my parents pulled me out and sent me to public school. I found myself in culture shock and struggling to keep up after the transition, but in hindsight made me a hard worker. I hope they abolished the theory of learning at your own pace (who was the brains behind that one?) because it didn't work. I can still remember verses from the Bible but find it hard to put a good paragraph together because I was never taught the "golden rules". In my experience LCA was a terrible school for education but big on Christian values. I would not recommend this school if you have high hopes on your child becoming a doctor or lawyer but would recommend if you want to feel connected to a community that blurs it's lines of their own agendia. The long and short of it is that I feel cheated that I did not get a good early education and I have suffered and struggled because of a weak foundation LCA paved for me. I hope and pray it's a better school today and they have learned from their mistakes.

Posted February 12, 2010

My son attends LCA and is currently in the 1st grade. I have nothing but good things to say about this schools starting from the faculty to the students to the afterschool program. It was my husband and I mission to find a school with great Christian values but most importantly an excellent curriculum and we found it at LCA. If you want your child to receive an excellent education and Christian values I recommend you send them to LCA. I do not mind my child receive the Holy Spirit; I wholeheartedly welcome it. This school may not be for everyone, and that's okay, but if it is I recommend it.

Posted April 23, 2009

Im a 18 yr old male and iv been going to lca for about 6 yrs. When i first came strait out of public school i thought wow no ones here and everthing looks used, but in soon i was enjoying myself with every class. the teachers very in each subject, some are the best teachers i ever seen and others are more or less newbies that just started there first year. the 1 teacher that i loved most was Bro Newman sweet and kind but knows how to yell if u get alittle out of hand. on the other hand some teachers r to sweet and cant controll the class. Every teacher in this school loves God. im in 12 grade and i can be mean but i love everyone. if u send ur kid here they might hate it but i learned to deal with it and love it.

Posted February 27, 2009

I sent four children to school there. They were not well prepared in Spanish and Science and the school was an apologist for George W. Bush no matter what he did.

Posted September 25, 2008

I'm a recent graduate from LCA. Anyone saying it is a bad school and the teachers are horrible did not go to the school open mindedly. As a private school, it is very good with the amount of students they have, and is a lot better than other private schools I've seen. Granted, not every teacher is the strongest in the subject they teach, but they do have exceptional teachers, (Sis. H, Bro. Pace, Bro. Newman, Bro. Rhoades). Yes there were days when we were 'filled with the Holy Spirit, but isn't that why your sending your child to a Christian school? They just made major upgrades...trust me ts a fantastic school.

Posted September 25, 2008

I attended this school for 13 years and feel blessed to have gone there. The faculty and staff have a passion for their students and for Christ. Like any other human run institution, it has it's faults and bias', but the good outweighs the negative by far.

Posted July 7, 2008

I think LCA is an excellent school! I have been attending LCA for 10 years and I love it! I it a wonderful place for your kids to learn. The teachers are amazing!

Posted June 23, 2008

I have gone to this school for about six years. Leaving soon, I have found a much better cirriculum at schools such as Doane Academy. There is not a credit system at LCA, so I will be entering my new school with 0 credits. At LCA, there are no electives, very few courses, terrible extra-cirricular activities, and an overall bad education. I consider myself an above-average student, and there were times when my friends and I actually taught ourselves things that the teacher did not - just to feel like we were learning something. Religion is forced and there were points where the school took away class time to have kids be 'filled with the holy spirit' for the rest of the day. They just put in an excellent new building complete with state-of-the-art equiptment. They could not even put in a library,though. In short, do not send your child here.

Posted June 14, 2008

the teachers are not doing their job by teaching, the school needs some TLC if you know what i mean. the school's college acceptance are very below average colleges. If you have a very smart child, do not send them here they will not be up to their potential. I am leaving the school soon - terrible opportunities. Only one language is taught, very few extra-curricular activities, not very good courses. Many teachers skip lessons and do not teach. The Chriatianity is a plus, but it can get in the way of academics and students are defidently not taught as much as they should be.

Posted February 1, 2008

Students and teachers are cruel. The academics are not up to par. The students are not given the extra help needed in core subjects. Not a good choice if your child is socially different yet very bright. Its a shame. This was definately not a good choice. A change is coming.

Posted October 26, 2007

I have 2 children at LCA for the past 7 years. The teachers are phenomenal! You will not find another school who regards your children as their own while instilling the core values needed in today's society. The emphasis is placed on Christian values while teaching from a biblical perspective. They offer a variety of music classes as well as sports programs and are currently expanding in the arts area. The students who graduate from LCA are very talented and tend to excel in academics. Our principal knows each student by name and greets them every day! What an awesome school!

Posted August 26, 2007

I attended LCA 4th grade-12th grade. I graduated this year. The school sets a great foundation for going out into the world. I am in college now and I am so grateful for the foundation set by LCA. I am getting my degree in Elementary Education. My goal is to teach at LCA when I graduate. This goal comes as a result of the impact LCA has had on my life. I also appreciated the fact that the teachers were not only there to teach but to minister to us students. I believe that impacted us for the rest of our lives. If you are a student and have the chance to attend LCA, do it and if you are a parent send your child to LCA. My mom did it and I am sure glad that she made that decision.

Posted April 7, 2007

I am a graduate of LCA, and currently send my four children there (grades 2nd, 6th, 8th, & 11th). All our children started LCA in Kindergarten. This school requires and welcomes a lot of parent participation which I am in favor . The chaplain, Pastor Billy has done a tremendous job in making chapel every week exciting and relevant. Three of my children were filled with the Holy Spirit while at school. The teachers love the Lord and the children and it shows. My children also do very well on their standarize testing every year (CAT).

Posted January 27, 2006

My son goes to lifecenter from pre K and now he is in 2nd . When he first started pre K he was not Reading or writing, by the end of the year he was doing both. So for the last 3 years he has been doing very well and he enjoys the school. I would reccomend this school.

Posted January 14, 2006

My child is currently enrolled in kindergarten at LCA and I love it. He is reading. He loves his teachers. I like the fact that they have 2 teachers in the class with 22 students. The children are all very polite. The office staff has been very nice. I also like the fact that many students that went to LCA are now sending their children there. I feel that is a wonderful thing. They are building a state of the art new High School. They have a great athletics program and the music program is excellent, the Christmas Program was Beautiful! I look forward to sending my younger children there too!

Posted January 1, 2006

I attended LCA from 6th to 12th grade. It is a shame, but that school caused me to loose my Christianity. The teachers are cruel to students that are not in the exchange program or in the royality (pastor kids, students who live on the boulevard nearby, kids whose parents are big names in the church). They seem to think if they are not in these categories they are not important. Despite being third in my class, I entered college behind my peers who attended public school. I did not know anything about the Cold War, iambic pentameter or ANY geography.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted January 1, 2006

I have found as a college student, that my experience at LCA has left me lacking educationally and embittered. The students are beyond cruel, and a few of the teachers are no better. One of my friends who graduated after me had her entire reputation destroyed by a so called 'christian child' with no help from the school. Another of my friends, whom posted a review on this website had her younger brother openly mocked by the teacher in front of his class. because of an opinion HIS SISTER expressed. I know so many people who are scarred from their experiences here. I am so disapointed that things have gone down so far, and honestly, thank God for Bro.Newman, and Sis.Holliday, and the few others who uphold christian values unlike the rest... Do yourself a favor, if you choose to send your child here, keep an eye on their wellbeing.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted July 8, 2005

My neice attended LCA for 2 years, moved and they tested her 2 grades higher in her new school. I finished my 2 teaching degrees, knew all the curriculum out there and began teaching at LCA because of what I saw in my neice's education. In every subject LCA used the most advanced books. I discovered in general there were 2 groups of parents and students out there. Parents/students who knew they had to study/work, homework wasn't an issue and simply respected the teacher. The other parents/students who constantly complained there were too many tests/assignments, why so much homework and if corrected they immediately said you were picking on them. It wasn't true, they almost thought since they were paying for education it meant 'less work'. I don't teach there now but will certainly send my children there someday. Families where kids run the home or the lazy need not apply.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 11, 2005

My children were in this school for way too many years. I can't tell you how much we regret sending our children to this school. Academically we've found from experience and through research they are quite substandard. In fairness it appears that the lower grades are fair okay, however academically it falls apart after 4th grade depending on the teacher. We have gone from that school to a truly superior school and district. My children needed tutors in math, english & science. Even if you're a solid 'A' student you will struggled in other places. It took 2 years to get them on track and now they are soaring. Further, the atmosphere amongst administrators/teachers & the favoritism towards some students over others is terrible and sometimes comes across as racism. We found this to be reprehensible and demonstrates nothing that Christ stood for. Sadly, I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone!

Asian 1% 8%

Associations
  • ACTS
Fax number
  • (609) 499-4905

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious