Burlington, NJ

Posted December 16, 2014
horrible school, you are only taught in Math. you do nothing in science and hardly anything in english if you have sis paul she asks the student for most of the answers or refers to the answer key. sis h all you do is grammer and vocab maybe read a novel or two. bro gaines in the worst of them all nothing is done puts fake grades in and thinks its okay. numerous reports have been made against him and no action has been taken upon him. spanish class you do nothing as well you simply translate 10 words for tests all year. and the displinarian bro davis is a straight out bully. harassing children and threating to throw them out for the liftlest things
3 people found this helpful

Posted May 10, 2014
Life Center Academy is a overall good school. Although the school highly revolves around Pentecostal Christianity in Bible study classes and weekly chapel services, many of the students ignore the religious aspect and are not actually Christian. So do not expect to be sending your kid to a monastery upon applying, because it has good and bad kids just like every school. Academics are good, but technology is very behind at LCA. Teachers are often right partisan in social studies teaching and discussion. Sports, especially basketball are very good. Many students from around the globe have been sent to LCA just to play sports because scholarship opportunity is so great there for sports.

Posted April 22, 2014
Doesn't properly prepare you for life after graduation. Education is sub-par especially in science. Too focused on religious activities and not enough on education.

Posted August 31, 2011
The worse school ever! I went to LCA at it's inception and feel robbed of a good education foundation. Thank God my parents pulled me out and sent me to public school. I found myself in culture shock and struggling to keep up after the transition, but in hindsight made me a hard worker. I hope they abolished the theory of learning at your own pace (who was the brains behind that one?) because it didn't work. I can still remember verses from the Bible but find it hard to put a good paragraph together because I was never taught the "golden rules". In my experience LCA was a terrible school for education but big on Christian values. I would not recommend this school if you have high hopes on your child becoming a doctor or lawyer but would recommend if you want to feel connected to a community that blurs it's lines of their own agendia. The long and short of it is that I feel cheated that I did not get a good early education and I have suffered and struggled because of a weak foundation LCA paved for me. I hope and pray it's a better school today and they have learned from their mistakes.
2 people found this helpful

Life Center Academy 0

Posted February 12, 2010
My son attends LCA and is currently in the 1st grade. I have nothing but good things to say about this schools starting from the faculty to the students to the afterschool program. It was my husband and I mission to find a school with great Christian values but most importantly an excellent curriculum and we found it at LCA. If you want your child to receive an excellent education and Christian values I recommend you send them to LCA. I do not mind my child receive the Holy Spirit; I wholeheartedly welcome it. This school may not be for everyone, and that's okay, but if it is I recommend it.

Posted April 23, 2009
Im a 18 yr old male and iv been going to lca for about 6 yrs. When i first came strait out of public school i thought wow no ones here and everthing looks used, but in soon i was enjoying myself with every class. the teachers very in each subject, some are the best teachers i ever seen and others are more or less newbies that just started there first year. the 1 teacher that i loved most was Bro Newman sweet and kind but knows how to yell if u get alittle out of hand. on the other hand some teachers r to sweet and cant controll the class. Every teacher in this school loves God. im in 12 grade and i can be mean but i love everyone. if u send ur kid here they might hate it but i learned to deal with it and love it.

Posted February 27, 2009
I sent four children to school there. They were not well prepared in Spanish and Science and the school was an apologist for George W. Bush no matter what he did.

Life Center Academy 5

Posted December 25, 2008

Life Center Academy 0

Posted September 25, 2008
I'm a recent graduate from LCA. Anyone saying it is a bad school and the teachers are horrible did not go to the school open mindedly. As a private school, it is very good with the amount of students they have, and is a lot better than other private schools I've seen. Granted, not every teacher is the strongest in the subject they teach, but they do have exceptional teachers, (Sis. H, Bro. Pace, Bro. Newman, Bro. Rhoades). Yes there were days when we were 'filled with the Holy Spirit, but isn't that why your sending your child to a Christian school? They just made major upgrades...trust me ts a fantastic school.

Posted September 25, 2008
I attended this school for 13 years and feel blessed to have gone there. The faculty and staff have a passion for their students and for Christ. Like any other human run institution, it has it's faults and bias', but the good outweighs the negative by far.

Life Center Academy