9-12 & Ungraded
Butler, NJ

Posted March 19, 2011
My overall rating pertains to the general aesthetics of the school and education. The teachers are great and yearn to help if you're struggling and the principal and vice principal are like your pals, that is if you're a good student. But, the school is extremely old; approximately 90 years old, and the art building is about 48 years old. The school desperately needs money to update its appeal to the eye and technology. Although; the cafeteria, photo lab, auditorium(1980s?), physics and science labs have been renovated, the floors are rotting, some hallways are dark and uninviting, and the computers needs updating, along with televisions in each of the classrooms. There are only several communities and newer streets in Butler and Bloomingdale with larger, up-scale homes, otherwise we need grants because the tax money is not enough to keep the high school looking presentable. It should look modern and it needs a second gymnasium; the gym class sizes are too large.

Posted March 18, 2010
I was going to give BHS 4 stars because the building is very old and can use a facelift, but I reconsidered since this review should be about education. One reviewer commented on the sports field, but since that post, the field and track have been updated and looks very nice. My son is a freshman and I've been pleasantly surprised with how challenging his courses have been. We had been contemplating a private school , but I'm very glad that he chose Butler. He's getting a very good education without the cost of tuition! I like every one of my child's teachers and feel that they are very caring and enjoy teaching. Honors courses are especially challenging. You get what you put into it. Good students and hard workers who take College Prep, Honors and AP courses will get an excellent education at BHS.

Posted September 03, 2009
Just your average high school. Most teachers do a good job, and yet some don't. We could really use some money for new learning material. The student body isn't that great either. We could really use some shaping up here!

Posted March 21, 2009
The teachers and staff really care about our kids! Our kids have opportunities that many schools don't offer and it's all because of the teaching staff, going above and beyond all the time. Thank you!!

Butler High School 1

Posted March 13, 2009

Butler High School 3

Posted February 13, 2009

Posted January 29, 2009
I'm not sure if we're just poor or what because there is almost no money invested into sports, the town doesn't care about sports much and honestly neither do the students (as noted by the poor fields and sporting equipment. As for the education, its very poor. They try to make it strict and improve it by making it very easy to get detentions and suspentions. Its a joke to make it through here and pass...hence why so many people just sleep through class, but I'm just rambling...This school really needs to consider investing more money into education and the school itself.

Posted October 11, 2008

Posted October 06, 2008

Butler High School 0

Posted September 02, 2008
This school might not be good in sports but they sure learn a lot and the teachers do a very good job there.

Butler High School
38 Bartholdi Avenue, Butler, NJ  07405
(973) 492-2000
Last modified Butler High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Butler High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top