Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

I would not recommend this school Not because of the teachers. But because of the school principal. She has her favorites and her not favorites and that's based On the parents . So our children suffer being treated right and get treated fairly like the rest of her students parents she liked. And this opinion she makes after you are first introduced to her does not change for as long as Long our children are in that school. The school needs a principle that follows her own rules for the school. She is the one who needs to set a good example.

Great school, staff, teachers are welcoming, warm. My kids are doing awesome. Love all the fun activities and spirit weeks. Great small town school

If you are not 2nd, 3rd etc. generation you are not a so called "Butlerite" and do not fit in with the cliques, it even goes for some of the teachers, especially the principal. If you are not one of her "favorites" your child will not get the help she or he needs because they will be denied an evaluation through the Child Study Team. She makes it very difficult and you child is the one that suffers. What a shame! No concern for the children at all!

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

It all depends on what teachers you are talking about. There are some very good teachers there but there are some teachers that do not listen to parents concerns. Overall dissatisfaction with Aaron Decker School.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Children were told that "homework comes first before anything else." What kind of thing is that to say to a child? A child needs to have a social life in order for them to develop and grow. What a disgrace! Sometimes children would be doing homework for hours, and this is a K-4 school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Principal has favorite families and children are the ones that suffer. Some teachers don't listen to concerns of children / families.

My sons have attended Aaron Decker for the past three years and have been so happy there. Everyone we've interacted with--teachers, office staff, bus drivers--has been wonderful. I'm especially impressed by how much my children are learning in math, reading and writing. We have also loved participating in jog walk, Bouncing Bulldogs, a recorder ensemble and the track program--all free of charge. I am so glad my children get to go to school in such a nurturing positive community. I whole-heartedly recommend Aaron Decker!

We have moved to Butler NJ and my son has just recently transferred to Aaron Decker from another school in Morris County NJ. He is also has an IEP/Special Needs and attends preschool. I could not be happier with Aaron Decker. His teachers are wonderful and he has settled in so Nicely. I also have an open line of communication with his main teacher and I think she is wonderful!

I have 6 children, they have all attended Aaron Decker. Wonderful atmosphere. I couldn't ask for better teachers. My one son is autistic and I agree with the mom who said you may have to fight administration for your child's needs. That said, his needs were met, and his teachers were amazing!

School is mediocre. Needs a new principal. Academics are low level and parents capable of help are discouraged to do so unless the principal likles them.

Last modified Aaron Decker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.